Dear Marysville Families
Happy sunny Friday. We had a fabulous Fun Run today. All of our students were great participants and gave their best effort! The weather really showed up for us as well today.
Thank you to all of the volunteers and visitors that came to help and cheer on our runners.
It was so wonderful to be together again!
I just have a couple of announcements this week.
Picture Day -
When: Tuesday, October 19th
Classes will meet and wait in the courtyard outside of the studio
All doors will be open to studio, with a fan from courtyard hallway door providing additional air flow circulation along with two air purifiers in the room.
Students will proceed into the studio one at a time to have their picture taken.
Masks can be off (for the photo only) for students who have parent permission to do so.
Students will rejoin you in your classroom when they have finished getting their picture taken.
OHSU COVID Screening Testing
- Thank you to the families that participated this week.
- Kits go home on Wednesday afternoon and need to be returned on Thursday morning to collection bins located at each grade level entry
- Please return the kits at school entries and not to classroom teachers
- Keep in mind that student labels are created and sent by OHSU on a rolling basis - once enrollment information is entered into Synergy and forms uploaded to OHSU, it will take up to 10 days for OHSU to create the Health Record for each student and generate their label.
- This means that it may take a week or two after you return an opt in form for your student test kit to arrive at Marysville.
New District Information about Conferences
- Conferences scheduled on Nov. 22-23 during the school day and in the evening will be virtual this year. Virtual conferences allow us to maintain a higher level of health and safety for staff and families.
- Your teacher has or will be contacting you about scheduling a time for your conference.
District Message for School Visitors
Visiting a PPS Campus? Here’s What You’ll Need to Know Under New COVID-19 Guidelines
Dear PPS Families and Community,
If you plan to visit a Portland Public Schools campus, you need to be aware of COVID-19 health and safety measures that will go into effect starting Monday, October 18.
The procedures were created under state guidelines as best practices to keep students and staff safe from COVID-19. They will apply to indoor and outdoor activities, and to any activities before or after school or on weekends. Visitors include family and community members who go to a campus for athletics, performing arts shows, dances, school clubs and non-school gatherings under the Civic Use of Buildings permitting process (when that program, currently suspended, resumes).
Under the guidelines, visitors to PPS campuses will be split into two categories. The requirements for them:
Extended-Time Visitors, defined as anyone who visits a campus for 15 minutes or longer:
Will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Those not fully vaccinated will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of visiting campus.
During school day hours, must sign in at the main office and provide proof of vaccination or a negative test.
Wear face covering at all times while on campus.
Use other mitigation techniques, including social distancing and frequent hand washing or sanitizing.
Limited-Time Visitors, anyone who visits a campus for less than 15 minutes:
Parents and guardians will not be allowed to drop off or pick up their student from the classroom. Each school will designate an area for drop-off and pickup, with supervision.
During the school day, family members can go to the main office when dropping off or picking up a student.
Visitors must wear face coverings at all times and maintain physical distancing as much as possible.
To see the full list of procedures, see the Visitors to PPS Campuses Standard Operating Procedure