What Is The Cost Of Pursuing A Dream?
The CEO's featured in "Inside Job" lost sense of their morals as they pursued their dreams of getting more and more wealthy. These men would do whatever it took to put more money in their pockets, from using money that wasn't theirs, to betting against investments that were their very own. These people did whatever it took to get the most money without caring about the future consequences. While making these stressful decisions, these people would use illegal substances among other things to feel better. This is how these people lost their sense of morals.
What CEO's of Wall Street would use
Gordon Gekko "Greed is Good" Full Speech *read the description*
Gordon Gekko: Greed Is Good
In this speech, Gordon Gekko, talks about how the "high-ups" of the company are doing whatever possible to make money. The loos of morals occurs by the men of the company because they are trying to make as much money as they can without regard of the shareholders and the people who have money on the company, without regard of the people who are losing money based on their greed.
Nickel And Dimed
In this excerpt, the author talk about how she went around trying to find a job that she could live off of. Jobs she found paid very badly and showed that if one wanted to live inside, one must have at least two jobs. The loss of morals is shown by the owners who are keeping as much money for themselves while paying employees barely enough to survive by. The morally right thing to do in this situation would be to pay the employees enough to live enjoyably, but owners keep as much profit for themselves.
All of these things have one thing in common. All these people lost their sense of morals when trying to pursue what they wanted. No matter who they are or what they did, in one way or the other they lost their sense of morals when pursuing their dream. This prove that in one way or another if one pursues their dream hard enough, than they will want it so badly that they will lose their sense of morals. Like it or not, when pursuing a dream, your morals will be left behind.
- Ehrenreich, Barbara. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Jan 2014. <http://www.barbaraehrenreich.com/nickelanddimed.htm>
- Ferguson, Charles H, Audrey Marrs, Chad Beck, Adam Bolt, Matt Damon, Paul A. Volcker, George Soros, Eliot Spitzer, Barney Frank, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Svetlana Cvetko, Kalyanee Mam, and Alex Heffes. Inside Job. Culver City, Calif: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 2011.
- Gordon Gekko: Greed Is Good. Youtube, Web. 7 Jan 2014. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw>.
- Fitzgerald, F. Scott. The Great Gatsby. N.p.: Charles Scribner?s Sons, 1925. Print.
- "Wikia." The Great Gatsby Wiki. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Jan. 2014. <http://thegreatgatsby.wikia.com/wiki/Jay_Gatsby>.