Week of March 25th
Stay up to date by reading the newsletter, checking planners, and following Red Oak Elementary on social media.
- Dress Code: Please make sure your student is following dress code daily. Jackets worn indoors, as well as leggings worn under skirts/shorts, must be in dress code.
- Class Dojo is an important form of communication that we use often. Some subject reviews, important class information, and messages are sent through this app/website, so please make sure you are checking it daily.
- Please continue to check your student's planner daily. This is a great resource for communication.
- SNACK Reminder: Because 5th-grade lunch is not until 12:20, we are allowing 5th graders to bring a HEALTHY snack. The snack must be something they can eat while continuing to work, and the snack must not require a spoon and cannot be messy.
Education Galaxy is an awesome new resource for our campus. Please have your student log on for extra practice at home. The parent letter is below.
March 26 - Superintendent State of the District Address - 6:30 pm at Shields Elementary
March 29 - Nancy Spigener Special Olympics Track and Field Meet at Goodloe Stadium
March 29 - ROE Hawk Assembly at 8:15 am
April 9- 5th Math STAAR
April 10- 5th Reading STAAR
April 19-No School
April 22-No School
April 30- Painting with the Hawks- 6:30 pm ROE Cafeteria
Subject Content and "I Can" statements
- Making Connections Across All Genres
- I can understand, make inferences, and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of poetry.
- Please make sure your student is reading every night. In order to increase stamina for the STAAR test, our students need to read at least 20 minutes a day.
- Data Representation
- I can problem solve problems using data from various sources.
- I can identify fossils as evidence of organisms and their past environments
- I can identify organisms interaction with living and nonliving elements in their environments
- I can describe the flow of energy through food chains and webs
- Civil War
- I can identify the cause of the Civil War
ROE Campus Newsletter
5th Grade Teachers Contact Information and link to teacher web page
Our conference time is 8:00-8:45 daily