Vanguard Magnet Updates
School Choice Timelines for 23-24
December 14, 2022 - February 2, 2023
Notification Date: April 5, 2023
Phase 2-Only New to District Available
- Notification Date: Ongoing as seats becomes available
- Once offered a seat parents have 5 calendar days to accept before the offer is rescinded
- Students must be GT to qualify for a Vanguard magnet seat.
- Hardship transfers are still available
My child was offered a seat. When does registration begin for Vanguard Magnet students?
- How to Register: Download the 2023 -24 registration application. All necessary registration forms need to be completed in advance, printed and dropped off at our campus with the required documentation listed below. You can also pick up a registration packet at Carrillo.
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record
- Social security card, if available
- Proof of residency: A current utility bill or lease/rental contract or mortgage documentation.
- A government issued photo ID for the child's parent/legal guardian
- Report card or transcript from the child's last school.
How can I receive a copy of my child's GT test results?
Requests for gifted and talented test results are processed in the order received. The GT matrix request window will open on April 15, 2023. Processing time for GT records is 7 - 10 business days.
- Entering Kindergarten: Carrillo Elementary maintains records for Entering Kindergarten students who selected Carrillo Elementary as their first choice in the School Choice Application. Email Edith Santiago to request a copy of your child's GT Matrix. They will be sent within 48 hours.
- Students Zoned to Carrillo: 1st - 5th: Results will be sent home via your child's homeroom teacher in mid April.
- K-12 Students not Attending Carrillo: Please contact your top ranked Vanguard school for a copy of your child's GT Matrix.
Meet the Teacher
Tuesday, April 25th, 5pm
960 South Wayside Drive
RSVPs are enabled for this event.