December 7, 2015
Kevin Cavaluzzo and Katie Keller assisted Mr. Owen from Sciencetellers at our Soaring Eagle Assembly.
From the Principal's Desk
School Closings and Early Dismissals
In case of inclement weather situations, the Central Bucks School District may decide to close the schools, delay the beginning of the school day - or dismiss students early.
Parents can set up their mobile phone to receive a text message for these closings, delayed openings and early dismissals. You will only receive these text messages if you have subscribed to receive the messages. Please follow these directions if you would like to receive these text messages:
- Ensure your school has your cell phone number on file. Parents who have completed the Census Verification Forms for their children and provided their cell phone numbers will already have those numbers in our database. Parents can also review the cell phone the school has on file by reviewing their demographic information on the Parent Portal under Family>Family Members.
- If the school does not have your cell phone number on file, request that the number be added through your child’s school. Wait at least 24 hours before trying to join.
- From your cell phone, text the word Join to the number 56360.
If our messaging system finds a match for your number in its database, you will receive a confirmation message thanking you for joining School Alers. At any time, you can unsubscribe by texting Stop to 56360.
Create a contact on your phone for Central Bucks School District with the number 56360. This will insure you can identify texts coming from Central Bucks School District.
We also recommend that you use one of the following media to keep up with the possibilities of school closings and early dismissals:
- The Central Bucks School District webpage at www.cbsd.org.
- The Central Bucks School District newsline at 267-893-2000 extension 6.
- Channel 69 (Channel 15 on Suburban Cable) and public Channels 3, 6, 10 and 29 run an alphabetical list of snow closings and late starts across the bottom of the screen.
- Radio stations KYW – Philadelphia (1060 AM) and WNPV – Lansdale (1440 AM). CB’s school closing number is 755. The closing number for the Central Bucks Community School is 779. Station BEB (B-101) – Philadelphia (101.1 FM) offers special snow closing phone lines.
Please be advised that only the Superintendent’s office – and not the individual principals – can declare a weather emergency in the Central Bucks School District.
News From the Nest
Mitten Project – Helping Doyle Families in Need
Staff and students of Doyle Elementary School are participating in a “Giving Project” again this year. Our goal is to provide food and gifts for Doyle families who need extra support. Since November 19, we have a display of colorful mittens on the wall inside the main entrance of Doyle. Each mitten describes a special gift for a child or adult who is a recipient of the project.
If your family would like to purchase a gift for this project, please stop in and visit Doyle to select a mitten. After you take a mitten, you should buy the gift item listed, wrap it, and attach the mitten to the gift, so that it can be distributed properly.
All gifts need to be brought to Doyle by
Monday, December 14, 2015.
If your family would rather donate a monetary gift, please make checks payable to the Doyle Elementary School Activity Account. This money will be used to purchase extra food items or other gifts, as needed.
Thank you for your support in making an effort to help members of our Doyle community.
If you have any questions, please call Tracy Kowalchick at 267-893-4335.
From the Library
Illustrator Kim Kost Visiting Kindergarten
We are pleased to announce a special program for all three Kindergarten classes on Thursday, December 17th. Kim Kost, local Bucks County illustrator of The Windowsill Fairy: A Tooth Fairy Tale, will be meeting with each class in the library. Ms. Kost will share the story of how the book was created, read the story, share tips on dental care, and include a drawing demonstration and lesson.
If you’d like to purchase a copy of the book, please see the order form.
From the Art Department
CB Cares Backpack 2015
December 14: Winter Concert (Grades 5 & 6) @ Lenape MS (7:00 PM)
December 17: Chorus, Band and Orchestra (gr 5 & 6) performing at Wesley Assisted Living
December 18: 5th Grade Winter Party
December 17: Illustrator Kim Kost visiting Kindergarten
December 24: First Day of Winter Break
January 1: Last Day of Winter Break
January 8: Family Fitness Night, 7:00 PM
January 12: CB Cares Speaker at Lenape MS, 7:00 PM
January 18: No School - MLK Day
January 26: Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM, End of 2nd MP
January 27 - 29: 3rd grade Assessment
January 28 - 29: Scholastic Bookfair
January 28: Dining for Doyle at Mom's
... for further events, please check our website.