Southside Elementary News
Week of 9/6/2021
From Mrs. Morrow and Mrs. Fureigh
We look forward to having your kiddos back with us bright and early Tuesday morning, September 7th!
Capturing Kids' Hearts
This year, our building has implemented the program called Capturing Kids' Hearts. This amazing social emotional kid-centered approach focuses on strengthening connections between teachers and students, establishing collaborative agreements on acceptable behavior, and ultimately raising students to a higher level of performance - behaviorally, academically, and socially. Feel free to ask your child about social contracts, checking each other, fouls, and what all they have learned so far through this program. It has been so rewarding to see all of their interactions so far, and we are excited to watch them grow as they learn different character words associated with CKH this school year. We will tie these character words into our PAW PRIDE program, and our first character word is EMPATHY.
Link to COVID Info - FAQs
September 7th - ACT Aspire Parent Reports will go home with our fourth graders!
Thank you for your help with this!
- Cabot Public Schools has taken measures to ensure that district issued Chromebooks are safe to use.
- The Chromebooks you received from the district are controlled by the Cabot Public Schools network.
- Once a student logs into the device, the district can track how it is being used, where it is located, and control what is being downloaded.
- GoGuardian has been installed on each Chromebook. This application restricts access to things on the internet that are inappropriate. Students will only be able to install approved software on their Chromebook. However, no filter will catch everything.
- Please continue to monitor your child's use with a Chromebook.
Monthly Birthday Celebration
Our day of celebration for August and September birthdays will be held on:
Friday, September 24th
We will not be celebrating with treats on any other day of the month. Please do not bring snacks to school on other days. We have very strict guidelines that allot only a certain amount of days to be able to have treats throughout the year. If you choose to send treats, please reach out to your child's teacher to discuss types of snacks to bring. Please drop treats off in the office and someone will take them down to the classroom. Parents will not be able to celebrate in the classroom. Thank you for your cooperation!
Important Upcoming Dates:
7: ACT Aspire Parent Reports go home
24: August/September Birthday Celebration
24: PAW Pride - Empathy