February 24, 2022
Ways to Participate In Read Across America
1. Throughout the entire week we will have guest readers in our building. Children love guest readers so find a a time that works for you and sign up genius here. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4CADAA2CA1FFC34-read
2. BINGO! Students will be completing a bingo card at home or school throughout the week. If they get one BINGO they may go to the library for a bookmark. If they get TWO Bingos they may return to the library for another reward.
3. Caught Reading! Send pictures of their students reading at home to your child's classroom teacher via SeeSaw, Google classroom or email. If we get a picture of your student reading, then this student will be “caught reading” and will be able to visit the library for an ice cream coupon! Families may send as many pictures as they wish, but will only receive one ice cream coupon.
Absence Notes Made Easier
All absence notes can be submitted through an absence online form. This form allows you to snap a photo of your doctor's notes or any other documentation you need to attach to your form.
A link to the form will be sent through the automated absence notification, but you can also access it through Parent Resources on the District website.
Want to join us for lunch?
If you or someone you know is interested please apply here:
News You Can Use
Don't miss out on great Chavez Champion memories
Families, yearbooks are on sale now for only $20!
Ordering is easy! Go to ybpay.com and enter the code 10305122
OR send in payment with the paper order form that your child brought home.
The class in each grade level with the most yearbooks sold will earn a popsicle party!
Thank you for your support!
Mentors Matter - We NEED You!
This person would check in with them either once a week or twice a month. This check in time would be established based on the mentors schedule and availability. These are quick 20-30 minute visits during the school day. This small investment allows every child to have a champion in their lives.
We want to cast a wide net to find diverse mentors. If you are interested in being a Chavez Champion Mentor please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/qW627Qw9eLs6jwuo8
Please note that it contains a link to fill out the LEISD background check form as well. Here it ease for quick access as well: https://appgarden2.app-garden.com/VolTrackTX061914.nsf
If you have additional questions about the chance to serve in this capacity please let me know. If you know others that might be interested please share this information with them as well.
Thank you for your partnership - we simply could not do this alone!
Your Proud Principal,
Safety First for our Cesar Chavez Lobos
Keep Us Posted
- If your child is sick please follow school guidelines about being symptom free before returning to school and seeking medical guidance.
- VERY IMPORTANT: If your child is COVID positive or has been in contact with a COVID positive individual please notify the school nurse Rachel Myers, our admin team Mrs. Vandiver and/or Mrs. Gibson and your child's classroom teacher.