My Self Esteem
My self esteem isn't low or isn't high either its moderate. Being rejected by others isn't such a bad thing it shows I don't need them as friends. And over the years I have learned that. Sometimes I want to go out of my way to attain their friendship because I don't want to be alone. Just let it go. Rejection by the people in my life doesn't shatter my self image, but it does bring me down a little. In my self esteem, I fully approve of who I am and fully respect who I am and do not need others to try to change who I am and turn me into something I'm not.
This is what I don't listen to others say about me.
- She doesn't fit in.
- She isn't good enough.
- She isn't worth it.
- She doesn't even compare.
If you hear those things about you just ignore it. That's what I do and I have a lot of Self Esteem.
Some Effect on Low Self Esteem include:
- How we think about ourselves to the way we think about or react to life situations.
- it adversely affects the way we feel about ourselves
- It also affects the experiences we have in our lives.
- Unchecked, low self-esteem may even lead to mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, sometimes with tragic results.
- (low) self-esteem can get us to make self-destructive decisions
- tolerating mistreatment or harming ourselves
- using drugs
- developing eating disorders
- harming others
- to make others love us or to numb us to the pain of our own worthlessness
- And also many more.
There are many ways to improve your self esteem and how you feel about yourself here is just some of the many ways.
- One way is taking a self esteem inventory.One a piece of paper write down all of your strengths and weaknesses. Once you get done with that you can work on your all your weaknesses and get better at those. Maybe even improve on your strengths.
- Another way is to Set Realistic Expectations and goals and work on getting them achieved to feel better about yourself.
- Also another way is Just to set aside perfection and work on accomplishments.
- Explore yourself get to know yourself and what you really like to do and what interests you and go out and do those things.
- One of my biggest things i need to work on is I need to STOP comparing myself to others and just be who I am, and stop worrying about what others think of me.