Simmons Elementary School
September 1, 2021
The school is buzzing with excitement as the teachers and staff returned yesterday for three days of professional learning and preparation for the new school year ahead. The Simmons educators are excited to meet and greet our new and returning families at our open house tomorrow!
REMINDER: The first day of school for all students will be Thursday, September 9th! Students may enter the building between 8:30 and 8:50 a.m. The school day begins at 8:50 a.m. and concludes at 3:30 p.m.
Open House Tomorrow, 1 - 3 p.m.
- 1 - 2 p.m. Students' last names A through Le
- 2 - 3 p.m. Students' last names Li through Z
If your alphabetical time period does not work with your family schedule, you can come during the other block. We are trying to spread out the visits to the extent possible to minimize the number of people in the building. Please plan to only visit your child's teacher for the 2021-22 school year.
Following our district health and safety guidelines, all people inside the building should wear masks. Everyone should enter through the main lobby. The principals and staff members will greet you as you arrive, offering maps and tours to the classrooms.
For families who do not feel comfortable coming to the open house, please reach out to your child's teacher to set up a phone call or brief virtual meeting with the teacher.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Multi-Tiered System of Supports
To help us fulfill our mission of supporting every child in our school district, we as a district are pleased to be able to continue an educational initiative used in schools throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by means of a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) that integrates on-going assessment complemented by a coordination of targeted intervention and extension supports to maximize student achievement for all learners. MTSS is a standards-aligned, comprehensive school improvement framework for enhancing academic, behavioral, and social-emotional outcomes for all students.
Please click below to read more about how MTSS will be implemented at our school this fall.
News from the Simmons HSA
Links below for the Fall into Fitness 5K and the Family Feedback Survey
Student Technology Distribution
All students K-5 need to pick up their district-issued iPad or laptop prior to the first day of school. If you haven't already made an appointment, please visit the technology department's page on the district website: https://www.hatboro-horsham.org/Page/2029
Carline and Walker Arrival and Dismissal Notes
Carline tips and reminders
- The carline for arrival and dismissal is on the stadium side of the building.
- ALL children must exit the car CURBSIDE. It is extremely dangerous to have children exiting on the parking lot side as cars are exiting the car line.
- We are again using a family number for dismissal. If you were here last year, the number remains the same. All families will receive new hangtags with the carline numbers at the open house or on the first day of school.
- Please display your family carline number in a space easily visible by our carline staff - either on the rearview mirror or on the windshield.
- Please be patient. Do not go around the vehicle ahead of you unless you are exiting the car line or staff members instruct you to go around.
- If you arrive after 8:50 and there are no staff in the car line area, please park your car in a legal parking spot and accompany your child to the school lobby.
Here Comes the Bus!
If your family is experiencing economic challenges, the Home and School Association provides backpacks and school supplies at no cost. Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org. All family information is kept confidential.