Weekly update: All Things Pershing
Also, for our Middle School families, we will be running a bell schedule in which you will travel between classes with your student, similar to how your students do it during the day. Should be a fun evening.
Is there a staff member you feel needs to be recognized? Please use this form to share.
Please spend a few minutes with your student weekly to review assignments and grades in each class. Follow these steps to check grades and assignments:
To check overall grades in home access:
- Assignments will be updated weekly by each teacher on home access. Grades will be updated through progress reports every three weeks and for final end-of-quarter grades. To check overall assignments and grades in eschool home access, please follow these steps:
Home Access Center website: https://homeaccess.sps.org/homeaccess
Log-in: Enter User Name and Password
- If you have not previously logged on, you will be asked to create two questions with answers in case you forget your password in the future.
- If you need your log-in and password, please come in or call the office.
- Click on Classes for assignments and click on Grades for overall scores in each class at mid-quarter and at the end of the quarter.
To message teachers in Canvas:
- Canvas is the platform our teachers and students use for learning. As a parent, you are automatically able to be an observer in each of your child’s Canvas courses with your own log-in and password. To find your child’s Canvas courses, log in to Canvas at www.sps.org > Click on “Parents” > Click on “Resources” > Click on “Canvas.” The log in for Canvas is the same as eschool home access log-in and password. If you are unable to log-in to Canvas or home access, please call the main office. We will be happy to assist you!
- If you are unfamiliar with Canvas and would like quick tips on how to change preferences or contact a teacher through Canvas, click here for information.
- For accuracy, please use eschool Home Access for updated weekly grades. If you have questions about the assignment or grade, Canvas offers a way to immediately contact the teacher through inbox.
Fall Sports are rollin'
What's going on at Pershing this week?
- 9.20.21 - Scholastic Book Fair Week
- 9.21.21 - Pershing School Open House - 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- 9.23.21 - Cross Country - Nixa - 3:45 pm
- 9.23.21- Football vs. Hickory Hills MS - Glendale - 6:00 pm
- 9.25.21 - SPS MS Volleyfest Tournament - TBA
- 10.1.21 - Middle School Madness - 6:00 - 7:30 pm
All middle school students should be dropped off and picked-up each day at the circle drive. Car Riders will not be released until 4:30 p.m. Please do not drop off students before 9:05 a.m. Elementary students' carline is in located in the Elementary parking lot.
A COUPLE THINGS...
- Carline: Thank you parents staying in your cars. This greatly helps the speed of carline. Safety for our students is our #1 concern. Thank you for your patience.
- Please remind your student to USE THE CROSSWALK at all times.
- Please be aware of of students walking and riding bikes. Students should use the crosswalks and sidewalks at all times.
- Please DO NOT park in the NO PARKING areas in around Pershing. These need to stay clear for the safety of our students.
- Remember, students are considered tardy after the 9:30 bell rings. If your child arrives after 9:30 am, please walk your child in and check them in at the front office.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For the safety and security of Pershing School all doors will be locked until 9:05 am. In other words, students may arrive at school no earlier than 9:05. Breakfast will begin at 9:05 with our instructional day beginning at 9:30. Students will be dismissed at 4:30. During the school day, all visitors must check in at the office. If you are picking up your child early they will be dismissed from the office.
Breakfast and Lunch for ALL STUDENTS
All students enrolled at Pershing will be able to eat a school breakfast each morning for free and lunch each afternoon for free! Breakfast will be available each morning until 9:05 am for each seated student in their 1st hour classroom. Breakfast will not be available after 9:30 am. Students attending school virtually can pick up food items during designated times. Click here for more information or check out nutrition services at SPS.org.
Check us out on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
Where to find us:
Facebook: @PershingMS and @PershingElementary
Twitter: @PershingSPS and @PershingElem
Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
You can reach us at 523-2400
or visit our website at: