Pirate Parent Post
September News from Spreckels Elementary School
"The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day. "
Pirate Pride Sept. 10th--- Spirit Day "COLOR DAY'
We are excited for our Spreckels Pirates to participate!
Each grade level ha been assigned a color to wear. Help your child(ren) remember to put on their class colors this Friday!!
Spreckels Scholars are Bucketfilliers!
Our Bucket Fillosophy is to help all students grow in kindness, self-control, resilience and forgiveness, all leading to a happier life. We teach the three rules that lead to greater happiness:
- Be a bucket filler. Be kind.
- Do your best not to dip. Don't be mean.
- Use your lid. Protect your bucket and the buckets of others.
Bucketfilling Poster/Google Slide Contest
- There will be a prize for the best entry at each grade level and for the best CLASS entry
- Students can either do a poster or ONE google slide (shared with me)
- Each class may have a group entry for a separate prize
- Theme: "We are a bucketfilling school"
- All entries due to me no later than September 24th
September's Positive Character Trait is Responsibility!
Thank you to all parents/guardians who attended our Back To School Nights!
Art classes start this week. Music and Library start September 13th. Thank you SUEF for your support!
Sign Ups are happening now for Band, Chorus, and Choir.
Please read the attached letter from our music teacher, Mrs. Thompson
Above is the link for yearbook ordering. The yearbooks can be purchased now until 9/30 for a 10% discount, then the price will increase.
Picture Online Info
School Name: Spreckels School
Picture Day Date: Friday, September 24
Picture Day ID: EVTKDZ2QT
Save The Date
- 9/14---SUEF Meeting-7 p.m. Spreckels Auditorium
- 9/16-PTO Gift Wrap Fundraiser begins
- 9/21-PTO Meeting-7 p.m. Spreckels Auditorium
- 9/24-Picture Day-More info coming soon
Online Spreckels Elementary School Spirit Wear is OPEN!
Sharing the slide show I presented at the school board meeting.
Thank you to all who are driving safely and following our drop off/pick up guidelines. We appreciate you!
A BIG shout out to our TK/Kinder parents for their patience and kindness!!!
Safety reminders---Thank you for observing the traffic rules and keeping our students safe.
- Do not drop off your child in the middle of the street
- Do not talk on your cell phone when driving
- Park a few blocks away if you want to walk your child to their entrance
- Observe the drop off only/no parking areas
- Do not make U turns in the middle of the street
- Do not park in the field across from the 5th grade gate
- Do not park in handicap areas
- USE THE CROSSWALKS