Frankford Middle School Enews
Student Safety Surveys to be conducted on PISD campuses
These surveys and letters will also appear as links on the original enews message.
Middle School West Cluster track meet
Wednesday, March 2nd, 3:45pm
5601 West Parker Road
One Act Play Competition
Saturday, Feb. 27th, 12pm
1401 Highedge Drive
The advanced theatre students will compete in One Act Play Competition on Saturday, February 27th at Vines High School, performing the literary classic, To Kill A Mockingbird. Frankford will perform at 12 noon that day.
Frankford school performances of To Kill A Mockingbird will be on Thursday, February 25th and Friday, February 26th, at 7:00pm.
Frankford Middle School
“Life Is Not A Dress Rehearsal” Rose Tremain
PE and Athletics News
· Please remind your child to be locking their belongings in their PE locker each day during class. If they have forgotten their combination, they can get it from a coach.
· Dressing out for PE includes either blue or black shorts and a white or grey t-shirt. PE “uniforms” can be purchased from the PTA at www.frankfordpta.org. Please be sure to write your child’s name on their clothes in case they are misplaced.
· If you child has been sick or is unable to participate on a certain day, please send a note with them or an email to your child’s coach to let us know.
· Attention all Track & Field and Cross Country students and parents. Track team shirts and other optional gear can be purchased from the Frankford PTA website at www.frankfordpta.org. All orders must be submitted by the Wednesday, February 10th deadline. Paper order forms are available in the front office if needed. Paper order forms along with payment are due Tuesday, February 9th. Ordering online is the preferred method. If you order a shirt, hoodie, and sweatpants together, you will receive a $5 discount. Be sure to get your orders in before the 2/10 deadline. Don’t wait, get your order in ASAP!!! Go Falcons!!
Frankford Middle School
Cheerleading opportunities for next year!!!
7th graders interested in joining cheerleading or being the mascot for the 2016-2017 school year need to attend a parent information meeting on Wednesday February 17 at 5:00 in the FMS Library.
Any eighth grader interested in trying out for Freshmen cheerleader at Shepton High School may now pick up a packet in the Frankford front office. This packet needs to be completed & returned NO later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 23rd in the Shepton Student Center. An illness or family emergency is not an excuse for missing the deadline. Tryouts for cheerleader are on April 4th, 5th, 6th in the Shepton Small Gym and 7th and 8th at Jasper. Again, packets for cheerleading tryouts are due by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 23rd. Late packets or incomplete packets are not accepted, and any student who fails to turn in a packet by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 23rd will be ineligible for tryouts.
Attention 6th grade Parents! AVID Information Talks to all Sixth Graders
January 29th, all sixth graders heard about AVID during their history class. Interested students were able to pick up an application at that time. Each History teacher has additional applications in their classroom.
In addition, applications can be found on the link on ENEWS, on our Frankford Website as well as in counselor's’ office.
The deadline to apply for 6th graders to apply for Frankford’s 7th grade AVID or 2016-2017 is Feb. 17.
7th and 8th graders who are interested in AVID at Frankford or Shepton.
Is your 7th or 8th grader not in AVID, but is interested in being in AVID next year? Frankford and Shepton will be choosing additional candidates to add to the current AVID classes. In order to be considered, your student must apply and turn in the complete application by the deadline.
If accepted into AVID, your child will be able to add AVID to their schedule for next year and make sure they are registered for one or more honors classes.
How To Apply:
1) Fill out Complete Application Packet
*Print Copy of this year’s grades for 1st,2nd,3rd and current sixth weeks.
2) Turn in your Application Packet to the counseling office by the deadlines:
6th graders deadline- Feb. 17th
7th and 8th graders deadline – March 18th
In this ENEWS, you will notice the AVID Application Letter for each grade, the AVID application and Written Interview. Information videos on AVID are on our website.
7th/8th grade AVID application-http://d3ssju1abnbtac.cloudfront.net/contributions/attachments/14757/original/7th8thAVID_ApplicationFrankford.pdf?1454532855
Shepton AVID application-
For more information on AVID and to Apply:
1) Click on the link below and view the AVID information letter.
2) Go to our Frankford Website http://k12.pisd.edu/frankford-middle-school
Choose Special Service link
Questions about AVID? Please contact:
Frankford AVID Coordinator, Karyn Wynne
“The Shepton PTSA and counseling department would like to invite you to a screening of the film, Race to Nowhere, on February 22nd from 6:30pm-8pm. This film is 85 minutes long with a discussion to follow from 8-8:30pm. Please register your attendance here . If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Cai-Boxrz at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
For your convenience, we will have a film screening at 4:45pm on the same day to accommodate staff in addition to the original 6:30pm screening time.
The film is 80 minutes so you will be done just after 6pm and do not have to stay late into your evening. You only need to register once for either screening time.
Mrs. Cai-Boxrz, M.SC
Shepton High School, PISD
5505 West Plano Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093
(469) 752-7600 (main office)
(469) 752-7615 (counseling office)
(469) 752-7619 (voicemail)
(469) 752-7621 (fax)
Did you Know??????????????
Drug and Alcohol Prevention Information: Did you know that PISD has a Substance Abuse Prevention website? Here is the link, http://k12.pisd.edu/substance-abuse-prevention be sure to check out the videos linked on the home page and the excellent informational websites linked on the “Resources” page.
Drug and Alcohol Prevention Information
“Increasing Overdoses From Synthetic Cannabinoids (“Spice,” "K2,” etc.) in Several States.” Follow this link to learn more! http://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/emerging-trends
Director of Family and Social Services
Plano Independent School District
PLANO ISD Bond Election Information
Suggested eNews or Website Verbiage:
On May 7, 2016, Plano ISD voters will decide on a $481 million bond proposal to fund initiatives recommended by the Plano ISD Facilities and Technology Task Force. Appointed in August, 2015 by the Plano ISD Board of Trustees, the task force included citizens, business leaders, teachers, principals and parents. The task force reviewed enrollment trends and projections, established construction and renovation needs, validated costs and sought input from fellow community members. After five months of study, debate and public input, the task force made final recommendations to school trustees which are included in this bond proposal. If approved, the bond initiative will provide funding toward eight major project areas with no increase to the tax rate and will impact all Plano ISD campuses through district-wide security updates, renovations and facility upgrades, as well as technology improvements. Find out more, including specific project allocations, at www.pisd.edu/2016bond. You may send questions to email@example.com.
· Bond Election (main page): www.pisd.edu/2016bond
· Bond Overview Flyer: http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/BondOverview.pdf
· Press Release (Spanish): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/PressReleaseSpanish.pdf
· Frequently Asked Questions (English): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/FAQ.shtml
· Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/FAQ_Spanish.pdf
· Project List (English): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/Proposed_Project_List.pdf
· Project List (Spanish): http://www.pisd.edu/news/bond.programs/2016bond/documents/Project_Summary_Spanish.pdf
· 2016 Bond Election Graphic (Inside.PISD): http://inside.pisd/communications/logos.letterhead.shtml#bond