Why Need a Mobile Website?
- By 2013, more people will use their mobile phones than PCs to get online.
- 78% of mobile users will retry a site two times or less if it does not load properly.
- 57% would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site.
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local information.
- 61% of users call a business after searching and 59% visit the location.
- 90% of these people act within 24 hours.
Most websites don’t work well on a mobile device screen unless it’s been specifically designed and optimized for each device.
A lot of website owners don’t realize there is a difference between a website viewed on a smartphone vs a desktop computer. You’re not alone if you think this. The mobile web is experiencing an explosive growth. Just a few years ago the percentage of mobile friendly websites were extremely low. In the last two years, the trend has drastically changed.
According to a recent study by dotmobi, “The 2010 study demonstrates that the mobile Web is continuing its explosive global growth. The 2008 study showed 150,000 mobile-ready websites, while the 2010 study showed approximately 3.01 million sites, representing an incredible two-year growth of more than 2,000 percent. And that growth level significantly outpaces early desktop growth.”