Love Your Liver and Live Longer
Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms may show up weeks or months after infection. Although, some people never show signs of early infections. Some signs or symptoms may be:
- Upset stomach
- Poor appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Skin rash
- Yellow skin or eyes
If this infection is left untreated, the liver is left most untreated. About 1% die from liver complications.
A symptom of Hepatitis B may be yellow skin or eyes.
In aggressive hepatitis, the liver becomes chronically inflamed and fibrotic, shrinking slightly.
Hepatitis B virus
Treatment or Cure?
If you have been diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B, your doctor may recommend one of these options. If your liver has been severely damaged, a liver transplant could be an option. Antiviral medications help fight the virus and slow its damage on your liver. There are many medications that you could take and your doctor will prescribe the one best for you.
- 2 billion pele have been infected (1 out of 3)
- Approximately 2 people die each minute from Hepatitis B.
- About 1 million people die each year from this infection and its complications.
In the United States
- 12 million Americans have been infected (1 out of 20 people)
- 5,000 people die from Hepatitis B each year.
- Approximately 1 health care worker dies each day from this infection.