September 13th, 2019
Upcoming Spry Events
Sept. 13-17 NWEA (6th and 7th Grade)
Sept. 18 - Spry PTSA Mtg 6:30pm (Spry Main Office Conference Room)
Sept. 19 - Spry Picnic Lunch for Students
Sept. 27 - Spry Middle School Family Night (5:30 - 8:00 pm)
Sept. 30 - 7th and 8th Grade School Pictures
Oct. 1 - 6th Grade School Pictures
- Do you love to sing, dance, or be funny? Have you always wondered what it would be like to be an actor? Come learn about Drama Club! This year’s show is “Fiddler on the Roof Jr.” There will be an informational meeting on Wednesday, September 25th from 3:15 to 4:15 in the chorus room. We will be explaining auditions and giving you tips on how you can prepare. You can take the late bus home if you need to. In the meantime check out the Spry Drama Club website for some great information about this show. If you have any questions talk to Mrs. Mungo in the Main Office.
- Intramurals will be starting after school on Monday, September 16th. Monday will be Touch Football, Tuesday will be Soccer, and Thursday will be Touch Football. If you have any questions, you can see Mr. Petz in the boy's Phys. Ed. office.
- Attention all 6th graders! If you would like to be involved in our Spry Student Council this year, come to an informational meeting next week. You will learn how you can run for Student Council and make a difference here at Spry! The meeting will be after school on Monday, September 16th in room W10. You can take the late bus home after the meeting.
- Ridge Runners Fall Session will begin on Monday, September 16th. Don't miss out! Go to www.ridgerunnerstxc.com to get more information and register. No experience necessary! All are welcome! Grades 6 to 8. Looking forward to the best time of year to run! See Mrs. Swinson in room 203 for any questions.
- Attention girls in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade interested in softball. Softball intramurals will start on Monday, September 9th from 3:30 to 5 at the town hall. They will run every Monday and Tuesday, weather permitting. There will be no bus, you must get your own transportation to and from the fields. Please see Coach Farrell in the girls PE office if you have any questions!
- Want to be a part of something awesome? Come to our Lego Robotics Meeting in room 218 on Monday, September 16th at 3:15. You can take the late bus home. The meetings will be after school any time there is a late bus. Attendance is required all three days.
- Do you like to solve problems and puzzles? Then MathCounts is for you! Come find out what this club is about! MathCounts will have their first meeting on Tuesday, October 1st in room 226. We will begin right after school from 3:15 to 4:00. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Rich, Mr. Keiser, or Mrs. Hughes. Hope to see you there!
- Students, we are visiting Italy and Greece in July 2020! All Webster students are welcome! Come to our meeting on Thursday, September 19th at 6:30PM in the Spry cafeteria. Come and learn about this super exciting opportunity, itinerary, cost, fundraising opportunities and discounts! Email Mrs.Zaborny at email@example.com with any questions! See you then amigos!
- Would you like to develop games? How about writing computer programs? Then come check out Computer Science Club and you'll learn how to code. Computer Science Club will have their first meeting on Thursday, September 26th in room 123 from 3:15 to 4:00. No experience necessary and beginners are welcome! Please see Mrs. Hughes if you have any questions. Come join us!
- Extra, Extra- Newspaper Club is holding their first meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 17th in Mrs. Wilson's room, 205. New members are always welcome. If you can't make the meeting or if you have any questions, see Mrs. Gulino in room 124 or Mrs. Wilson in 205.
Spry Welcome Back Food Truck Rodeo
When: Friday, September 27th
Where: Spry Middle School
Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Who: Effortlessly HEALTHY, Meat the Press, Heintzelman’s, Magical Maronaid BBQ and The Chai Guy
Come join us for a bite to eat and some music. This will be a picnic style event, so bring you chairs or blankets!
Sponsored by Spry PTSA
2019-20 School Calendar
Math Lab is OPEN
· Do fractions fracture your brain?
· Are factor puzzles, well, puzzling?
· Do tape diagrams leave you tangled?
· Are slopes just a bit too slippery?
· Does accelerated math move a little too fast?
· Then come to the math lab where we can help you solve your problems!
· It’s located on the 3rd floor landing near room 327 and is open during all lunch hours every day, starting Monday, September 9th. Just get a pass from your study hall or math teacher and come on up! Mrs. Hunt or Mrs. Parts will be happy to help you.
SPRY PTSA Fall Spirit Wear On-Line Sale
Spry PTSA Fall Spiritwear on-line sale
New items and new colors available.
Orders due September 18th. Orders will be delivered to student's homeroom in early October.
Any questions, contact:
Maria Parody: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kara Quigley: email@example.com
Here is the link to the website:
Schroeder Football Games
Our Schroeder Warriors have 3 regular season home football games this year.
Friday, Sept. 13 (vs. Hilton)
Friday, Oct. 4 - Homecoming (vs. Fairport)
Reminders for these games:
- Bags are not permitted into the event
- Students in grades below high school must be accompanied by a parent
Support Spry PTSA - Membership information at the link below
Parent/Student Portal Information
Box Tops For Education
Box Tops are being collected at Spry!.
Collection bins are at the security desk, main office and blue house office.
Box Tops for Education was started by General Mills in California back in 1996, after the company decided they wanted to create a program to help support education and benefit America’s schools.
The program was such a huge success that it soon expanded across the nation, and by 1998, more than 30,000 schools were clipping Box Tops and earning cash to purchase things for their schools. According to the Box Tops for Education website. Today, America’s schools have earned over $719 million, and you can find Box Tops on a ton of products you buy every day at the grocery store.
Ridge Runners will begin on Monday, 9/16 from 3:20-4:00. Registration is at www.ridgerunnerstxc.com
Meet in Mrs. Swinson's room, 203, at 3:20. Bring your sneakers, something comfortable to run in, and a water bottle. We will meet on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Students may take the late bus home or get picked up.