Here's the Plan
Ipad Plan--We now have 80 Ipads in the building, up from the 36 we had previously. So we have more than doubled what we had. My initial plan is to get them involved in Math and Science classrooms as much as possible, since I have noticed they are more practical there than the Chromebooks. However, they are definitely not limited to just those subject areas (as I hope everyone takes advantage of including them into your classrooms).
- Lower Hall--There will be 22 Ipads in the lower hall. These will be under Amy's name and kept in the area between Amy and Lesley's rooms. They are to be used/shared by everyone in that wing.
- East Hall--There will be 22 Ipads in the east hall. These will be under Sandi's name and kept in her room. They are to be used/shared by everyone in that wing.
- West Hall--There will be 32 Ipads in the west hall. These will be under Audrey's name and kept in her room. They are to be used/shared by everyone in that wing.
- Library--There will be 4 left in the library for any staff member to check out if needed.
How will this work???
You may only need to borrow 1 Ipad at times, if you plan to share something on your Apple TV. Other times you may need enough for a small group (approximately 5) if you are doing a differentiated lesson or centers. Still other times you may need half a set if you are looking for a 2:1 ratio in your class. Lastly, there may be days were you need the whole hall set plus the 4 in the library to get almost 1:1 in most of our classes. The goal is for them to get used and to not just "sit" on the shelf.
I will warn you right now, if they are not being used in the locations I have them, then they will be moved to areas where they will get used. Does this mean the same person has them every single day, no but some will have them more than others.
I don't know how to use all this new stuff......
My "GO TO" or "Most Used" app the past two years was ShowMe. We have chatted about this a little during earlier PD days.
- Turn on Apple TV using the play arrow button on the remote
- Use the source or video button on projector remote to switch over to Apple TV
- Turn on AirPlay on your ipad/iphone (swipe up from the bottom of the screen)
- Select your classroom and turn on the mirroring toggle button
- Enter code after it appears on the board
- You are good to go!