2015 Virtual Summer School
Genesee County's Online Learning Summer School for Students
Registration Opens: May 4, 2015
Registration Closes June 22, 2015
Virtual Summer School Classes Begin: June 24, 2015
Genesee County Virtual Summer School (GCVSS) Details
For the fifth year, local Genesee County high school administrators and teachers are collaborating together to offer a virtual summer school program for students across the county. GCVSS courses are great for students who:
- Need to make up credits to graduate on schedule.
- Have other commitments and need flexible scheduling.
- Want to try an online course while their schedule is less demanding
- Are looking to stay academically engaged during the summer months.
- Want to access their Genesee County virtual course via the Web using a learning management system.
- Will benefit from having a highly qualified, certified teacher who posts assignments and provides guidance and support while students are enrolled in courses.
Available Courses for 2015
- English 9
- English 10
- English 11
- English 12
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- World History
- Physical Education
- Spanish I, II & III
- Physical Science
- Probability and Statistics
- U.S. History
Schedule, Cost and Eligibility for GCVSS
- Registration Begins: May 4, 2015
- Registration Closes: June 22, 2015
- Orientation and Classes Begin: Wednesday - June 24, 2015
- Classes End: Thursday - July 30, 2015
- $160 per student, per course
- 0.5 credit courses (one-half semester)
- $200 per student, per course for students outside Genesee County
- Tuition is paid to students' local Genesee County High School
- Students outside Genesee County must register with a local Genesee County HS
- NO refunds for courses after classes start
- Enrollment open to students in grades 9-12
- Students can register for a maximum of 2 courses as allowed by counselors
Enrollment and Registration Details
- Register for GCVSS to makeup course credits or get ahead with academic skills
- Students can take online courses anytime and anyplace with access to the internet allowing for greater flexibility in summer scheudules
- GCVSS students have the flexibility of an online class with the support of an online instructor from a Genesee County Public High School
- Students participate in online course discussions and interactions with other online classmates
- Open labs are available at local districts participating in GCVSS.
High school counselors can begin the process to enroll students in GVCSS by clicking here!