Loaded Mashed Potatoes
by Rebekah Gardner
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk (can be replaced with buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of cook bacon, crumbled and divided in half
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- In a large pot, boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain well and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, salt, pepper, bouillon, garlic salt and garlic powder to the pot of potatoes. Mix well.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and half of the bacon.
- Pour potatoes into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining cheddar cheese, and bacon. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions and serve.