News from 3rd Grade
Ms. Doerr's Room
Short and Sweet
1. I am so proud of the effort all of the kids gave on ISTEP. They worked so hard and did not seem too stressed out. :)
2. Our garden is starting to sprout! We have cherry tomatoes and green peppers in our grow labs. We have peas, lettuce, onions, and carrots in the ground. The kids are loving to check on them every day!
3. If you haven't returned your child's picture money or unwanted pictures, please do so a.s.a.p.
4. We really need candy donations for our Crazy Carnival basket. Please don't send in loose small candies. Unopened bags, boxes, dispensers, or kits would be much appreciated.
5. The P.T.O. needs volunteers to run games at the Crazy Carnival. Right now, they are critically short. Please volunteer if you can.
6. April reading calendars are due on Monday.
7. It is almost May and I am already starting to get very emotional about sending these kids to 4th grade. Can I keep some of them?
Look What We're Learning!
Inquiry: We are wrapping up rocks/minerals. PLTW starts next week on forces in motion.
Writing: Persuasive letters and revising, editing and publishing
Reading: reader's responses
Tuesday, May 10: 3rd grade field trip to Indiana State Museum
Saturday, May 14: Crazy Carnival