November 14, 2021
Messages from Principal Lefere
- Thank you to the 2nd and 3rd grade families that provided the outstanding Thanksgiving style lunch for the Howbert staff last week. It was very well received as evidenced by nearly no leftovers.
New Library Furniture
- We recently gained additional information about our process for updating the furniture in the Howbert library. The catalogue we are to use to choose new furniture is very limited. This means that there will not be as much choice as we had anticipated. If you have questions or would like to know more about the furniture purchase, please contact Toby Lefere.
- Howbert has internet hotspots available. If your child must be out because of quarantine or isolation and you need internet connection, we have free hotspots so that she/he can keep up with their learning at home. If you feel like you and your child would benefit from a hotspot, please contact Lisa Schott in the library.
- Howbert is hiring for a Special Education Educational Assistant. This is a full time position with benefits. If you are interested, please see the job posting here: External Job Postings or contact Toby Lefere.
Choice Open Enrollment for 2022-2023 School Year
- Our Choice Open Enrollment window has opened! It will remain open until February 15th, 2022. Available spaces will be assigned and families will be notified in late February or early March. Families can apply here: https://www.d11.org/Page/308. Be sure to select the 2022-2023 school year.
30th Street Corridor Project
- See link below for information about closings and improvements to streets surrounding Howbert.
ILLNESS AND COVID REMINDER
Drama Club presents Charlotte's Web
The Drama Club will be presenting a theatric reading of “Charlotte’s Web” on Thursday, November 18th. Family and friends of the participants are encouraged to come see this fun performance! Please remember that visitors in the building are also required to wear masks and to complete a quick health survey. . The show starts at 3:30 in the music room. We hope to see you there!
3rd Grade Music Class
Students are moving and shaking in Mrs. Dickey's music class.
Tower of Books Club
Even our clubs like to make it outside when possible.
4th & 5th Grade Learning
Scavenger hunt in Mrs. Green's classroom
Howbert is seeking volunteers to help with a variety of activities in our school! Each week, we will list volunteer opportunities here. There will either be a link to sign up or you can always give the school a call and we'll be happy to help.
❤The gift of your time is priceless to our students❤
The Howbert PTO meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 4pm. We will be meeting in-person but will also have a virtual option for those that would prefer to attend on WebEx.
*** Our next meeting is on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 4pm. ***
We would love to see you at the meetings! It is a great way to share your thoughts, hear about happenings in the school and support the Howbert staff and students. And you don't have to commit to anything! Come to as many or as few meetings as works for you and your schedule.
📞Howbert Contact Info📱
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday 8am - 2:30pm
Front Office: email@example.com
Tech Help: firstname.lastname@example.org