Voyager Crew Bulletin
Strand Spotlights and Info:
Dear Voyager Crew,
- I am going to continue to write and send weekly Crew Bulletins to keep you apprised of news and updates. I will more deliberately contact you if there is critical information you must have.
- Our new poster maker and laminator are hooked up and operational! You will really enjoy using these new tools, with some training. See the photo below for an example of posters we've printed! FYI, for about $10,000 we can add a die-cut/shape cutter extension machine. We can discuss this potential investment/expenditure in August and consider funding options.
- Please let me know if you are interested in further helping clean out the shed on this Monday (22nd) afternoon, 1-3 PM.
- The latest CUSD Newsletter is here.
While you need a break from email and electronics, I suggest you plan to check your work email weekly for updates. I will avoid group texting unless I need to alert you to important messages in email. And I will reach out to you personally if staffing shifts affect you or are relevant to your intent forms.
- Please see the "Planning for Next Year" Section below for NEW information regarding staffing, schedules, and plans.
- Please see the e-Learning Section below for links to documents, schedules, and more.
- Please feel free to peruse the "other resources" section
- See Calendar Events below
- Do not move any boxes, furniture, or discards from your room to vacant classrooms. If you have needs for storage beyond your designated area in the shed, please consult me so I can help.
- Please label boxed materials you wish to be removed from your classroom:
- "Obsolete Curriculum for Discard"--ask us if you are not sure
- "Leveled books"/readings you no longer use/need but which may be useful for others--to be stored elsewhere
- "Discard/Trash"--anything that you don't need and others won't want
OUR THEME FOR THE SUMMER is YOU: Make time for yourself and rediscover the activities you enjoy and which fill your cup. Rest, relax, and be good to yourself.
Staffing Transitions and Planning 2020-21
Please see the memo below this section for details on your rights as it relates to leaves and COVID.
- Chris Preciado will teach kindergarten next year in her same classroom.
- Gina Mirtallo will teach TK in room 102 and VAPA in room 504.
- Karen Pierro requested and was approved for a leave of absence for next school year. We look forward to Karen's return to campus when she is ready.
- Robyn Fullmer will be in room 301.
- Gisele Renly has voluntarily transferred to 3rd grade and will move into room 303.
- Until we have more accurate enrollment information, we will not fill/designate Gisele's former 1/2 combo position.
- Bell Schedule: We are building a draft master bell schedule which optimizes SpEd and intervention services opportunities, and anticipate sending a drafter for your grade levels'/programs' reviews next week.
- School Reopening: We have been tasked with planning for both distance learning and for the full return of students, with an expectation that if we can/should build a balanced/hybrid schedule with students returning to school in a structure that is not full time/full student body, we will adjust our plans accordingly. Our District Task Force is working on logistical considerations for the return of students to our classrooms.
e-Learning Documents, Schedules, and Support
- I have revived our SSES Distance Learning Doc so you may post questions you have over the next two weeks and we can track themes, respond to one another, and I can keep a record and refer questions to Learning Department where appropriate. Many questions remain unanswered as we continue to plan:
The Elementary e-Learning Template document is here. You will notice you need to make a copy for your own editing. If you are working with a grade-level partner, be sure to share the document amongst yourselves.
Benchmark Trainings and Expectations Links:
- The Learning Department is pleased to share the 2020-2021 Benchmark Advance Implementation Expectations. You will see that there are a variety of links on this document that will take you directly to resources and other supporting documents
Happy Birthday June and July Birthdays!
6/9: Meteline Miranda
6/18: Joellen Semo
6/26: Andrea Rivas-Mulia
7/15: Catie Bartczak
7/28: Deb Hatheway
Coronado Schools Foundation Events & Updates:
Coronado Schools Foundation’s mission is to raise and manage funds to provide exceptional learning experiences for all Coronado Unified School District students. We thank you for your partnership in this time of public uncertainty and applaud each one of you for continuing your commitment to the educational enrichment of our children.
Coronado SAFE Resources
Visit Coronado SAFE's website for more resources and info on activities in the community: https://coronadosafe.org/
2019-20 Parent and Student Handbook
Community Agreements and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
Stay Connected with Silver Strand Elementary School!!
Check out and "like" our Facebook page to see photos of student events and programs! https://www.facebook.com/Silver-Strand-Elementary-School-176775765849277/