Week of: September 10 - September 14
It was a great week, way to end it with a bang with Richmond Hill HS Wildcats paying us a visit and the PTSO serving us a delicious lunch. Five weeks into the school year and we are making major moves and certainly progress as a school. With that, there are quite a few items that I want each of you to pay close attention to as they are quickly approaching and I have tried to save many of them for this newsletter as opposed to bombarding you with emails:
- September 10-14, 2018 – Donate $5 to Touchdowns for Cancer on MyPaymentsPlus and enjoy denim all week for a great cause!
- September 8, 2018 – MAP Reports are to be sent home with students on Monday. Please see instruction below for additional information.
- September 8, 2018 – Clubs starts for our students engaged in these opportunities.
- September 11, 2018 – Professional Learning – Media Center – All Certified Staff are expected to be here! Hursey and Finnegan are showing up and showing out!
- September 13, 2018 – Curriculum Presentation – Dr. Brooksher and his team have been hard at work planning and prepping for future event as they pertain to curriculum. On the 13th, Dr. Brooksher will be on-site to share the wealth.
- September 13, 2018 – We have a slight change to the art teacher rotation, in an effort to have all students attend art at the same pace throughout the year we will start the new attached rotation on Thursday 9/13/18. If you have questions, please let me know.
- September 20, 2018 – Picture Day – Schedule to be released soon! Be on the lookout!
- September 21, 2018 - TKES Professional & Personal Goal/Plans Due – I understand that there are some questions regarding goals/plans. All plans/goals are showing up with the following:
This step is dedicated to writing a Professional Learning Goal/Plan.
- Induction level teacher or administrator
- Educator returning to the profession after an absence of one or more years
- Educator who is new to Georgia
- Educator who is working in a field that requires a non-renewable certificate
- Educator who is working in a certification field in which the educator has not worked before or has not worked in for a long period of time even though the educator is certified in this field
- Educator whose summative TKES/LKES rating is Level I or II
This is an issue that the state is currently working through, it does not change your plan/goal so please go ahead and proceed.There is technically no place to enter a “personal” goal – It will go under your professional goal/plan once you have entered it into the system. You will have to save & submit in order to add a new goal. If you need help working through the process, please let me know. I have reshared the examples below for your convenience. Please know that I am aware that everyone's is showing up as a plan, this is an error from the state - they are aware and are working through a fix - it will change nothing about how you enter your goal/plan. Respond to this message first with the definition of Nudiustertian and I have a special prize just for you.
- September 25, 2018 – Faculty Meeting – Media Center 3 PM
- September 28, 2018 – Kona Ice will be here serving delicious goodness during your recess times. Information will be passed out to teachers about a week in advance. As always, teachers are served for free!
In addition, Ms. Hursey has added some new links to our school website that are weblink resources specific to many of the items you need in a jiffy. Check out the link by visiting the website and clicking under staff resources or by clicking here. Who couldn’t use a little sunshine in their day? Plan to take advantage of this wonderful “Secret Pal” opportunity that has been put together by the best Sunshine Club in the business – see below. Lastly, for those of you that are planners, there are two incredible assembly opportunities coming up for our students:
- October 12 - "Science for Everyone" - This is an interactive presentation with some amazing standards based experiments and information presented in an incredible way. I have provided a link to more information here. Exact times will be shared in the coming weeks.
- November 16 - "Heroes Overcome" - This presentation will directly tie in with our 7 Mindsets and be a memorable reminder. My hope is that you all will enjoy this experience!
Rest up this weekend - Spend some time with the ones you love and enjoy the beautiful weather!
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a great week!
Have a WONDERful Week!
Happy Birthday to You!
- Patti Shatto - 9/10
- Roseanne Grant-Barr - 9/13
- Lori Sampson - 9/14
- Lindsay Hagberg - 9/16
- Hersilia Rey - 9/16
- Lane Fanning - 9/16
- Kelly Little - 9/17
- Jennifer Smith - 9/18
- Lauren Downey - 9/18
- Jennifer Pickett - 9/20
- Brittany Nearhoof- 9/23
- Rebecca Rowland - 9/29
- Katie Cowart - 9/30
- Melanie Tillman - 9/30
How to print the Student Progress Report?
- Log into MAP
- Click on “View Reports” in the blue bar on the left hand side of the screen
- Click on “MAP Growth Reports”
- Choose “Student Progress” under the list of reports
- Ensure “Fall 2018-2019” is selected under Term
- Check “Homeroom” under Class
- Click “Select All” under Student
- Keep all Reporting Options the same EXCEPT for under Group Output select “One PDF per Student” and click in the box next to “Student Progress Report Quick Reference”
- Click on “Create PDF Report”
Sunshine Club - "Secret Pals"
Secret pals is an activity that we do to spread cheer and help keep our friends motivated. Participation is only for those who want to participate. This is a yearlong commitment so please only sign up if you can participate the whole year.
If you would like to participate in Secret Pals, please complete the form below and put it in Mary Waters’ box by Thursday, September 13th.
Progress Report Dates - BCS will hand out the Progress Reports/ Report Cards on the following dates…
- Thursday, October 11, 2018
- Thursday, January 10, 2019
- Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Wednesday, May 21, 2019
Making Moves at McAllister
- From Ms. Emily Dixon - "They are truly a dream team and always are willing to help! The kids are blessed to have a media center run by these ladies."
- From Ms. Katie Cowart - "Mrs. Tillman has fit seamlessly into our MES family!! She is amazing with the kids that are lucky enough to get her services! And she is a happy & friendly face every morning to our "littles" that come in from car line! She makes them feel welcomed and super loved!! She is AMAZING!!!!
- You can't spell succESS without ESS - Our "Exceptional Student Services" Team is rocking it and taking it to new levels. Turning challenges into opportunities and loving on each and everyone of our little ones! Rock on!
"New Art Rotation"
Resources that you may find useful...
Twitter Chats - Can't Get Enough? Check here for ALL opportunities to connect with PLN's worldwide discussing ALL things awesome in Education. https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
In a school of over 135 it can be hard to know everyone's name...Have you had a chance to look at the staff directory where pictures of our staff members can be located?
Click here & start welcoming others into your class to see the amazing things you are doing!
Click this link to see all of the awesome things our teachers have posted on twitter this week. Always remember to use the #MESrocks when posting to keep these items united!