Summer PD--the Tech-infused Teacher
3 weeks, 9 Activities, lots of hands-on help--and more
Tech-infused Teacher 2016 is a three week (June 19-July 9), eighteen-hour interactive course on the most popular tech ed topics. These are the ones you’ve heard about, seen—want to use in your class if only you knew how to do that. It blends technology with teaching to build a collaborative, differentiated, and shared learning environment. In this three-week course (formerly known as Summer PD), you use a suite of digital tools to leverage change while addressing overarching concepts like digital citizenship, internet search and research, authentic assessment, digital publishing, and immersive keyboarding. You actively collaborate with classmates, sharing knowledge and providing constructive feedback, while you learn to publish digitally and solve common class tech problems. Classmates will become the core of your ongoing Professional Learning Network.
Assessment is project-based so be prepared to be fully-involved and an eager risk-taker.
Need college credit? Click here.
What You Get
- 9 Activities (topics)
- 35 tech ed videos
- 5 tech ed Lesson plans
- 5 tech ed eBooks
- 44 Hall of Fame tech ed articles
- 3 virtual meetings
- Resources for several ‘bonus’ topics—these are not included in projects, certification, GHO, or Twitter Chat.
- Unlimited questions/coaching during GHOs, Twitter Chat and pre-arranged times. We stay until everyone’s left. If you need additional help, we’ll arrange that also.
- Membership in class wiki—you’ll get an invitation
- Certificate of Completion
- 18 CEU hours (check with your Admin to ensure this class qualifies)
- Free resources on tech ed topics
- Use blogs, wikis, Twitter, and Google Hangouts to collaborate and share.
- Guide students in safe and effective internet search and research.
- Expect students to use technology collaboratively, purposefully, and as good digital
- Blend keyboarding into class activities and prepare for year-end tests.
- Blend technology smoothly into your curriculum, making it a tool, not a distraction
- Assess student technology use organically.
- Use screencasts and screenshots to teach new concepts.
- Manage class using digital
- Publish projects in a variety of digital ways.
- Help students create digital portfolios to store, share, and curate work.
- Start the year-long process of creating a curriculum map for tech-in-ed
- Use classmates to develop the core of a Personal Learning Network. Draw on each other’s experiences, ask questions, discuss tech ed topics.
- Solve common tech problems that arise in the classroom.
Who Should Attend
- pre-service candidates
- grade-level teams
- curriculum coordinators
- You're serious about integrating tech into class
- You're worried about integrating tech into class
- You're knowledgeable with questions
- You're looking for creative uses for tech
Ask a Tech Teacher Crew
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-8 technology for 15 years. She is the editor of a K-8 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum, and creator of dozens of technology training books and webinars for how to integrate tech into ed. She is webmaster for five blogs, CSG Master Teacher, adjunct professor, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, Editorial Review Board member for Journal for Computing Teachers, CSTA presentation reviewer, CAEP reviewer, freelance journalist on tech ed topics, a columnist for Examiner.com, and a weekly contributor to TeachHUB.
What Teachers Say
I am learning so much from this class. I really will be able to relate to my students when they get frustrated problem solving. These two classes have been the best professional development courses I have taken in a long time. I will be recommending your classes to all the teachers I work with!
Thank you so much. I really enjoyed taking the Summer PD. The resources are truly priceless. I can’t wait to incorporate into my own trainings to better prepare our teachers and students for an amazing experience! Thank you so much for all of the hard work you’ve put into the class.
Ready to sign up?
$229.00 (for one individaul
$750.00 (for a group of five)
$357 value--available only through this class
Register by May 15th with coupon code SUMMERPD and save 10%.
More information: AskaTechTeacher@gmail.com