Miss Tracey's Class
Happy New Year! I hope this newsletter finds all of you rested, warm and cozy! I hope, too, that you all had a wonderful holiday and that you faced no difficulties with the weather, this past week. The gift of time with family, this week, has been priceless; however, we are truly eager to get back to school and see your children! We are starting January with a week of birthday celebrations and ending January talking more about snow and winter. It should be a fun month!
- Monday, January 20 - NO SCHOOL (Martin Luther King Day)
- Thursday, February 6 - Family Fun Night (Family Game Night), BSE library, 6-7 pm
Cold Weather Reminders
Coming off an incredible, winter weather week, I thought it was the perfect time to put out a few cold weather reminders:
- We go outside daily, unless temps are extreme or it is raining.
- Please send your child dressed for the weather: hat, mittens/gloves, boots, etc.
- Please be sure to send a spare set of clothing for cold weather, if you have not already done so. (we can check if you are uncertain)
- Children should be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school, in the case of fever, diarrhea, or vomiting.
"Appy" New Year!
Check out some of the great apps, below, if you have a mobile device:
- PBS Parents: great ideas for activities to do in a variety of settings, with your child
- Sesame Street Family Play: games for your child, throughout your house, based on the number of children playing (i.e. - shoe sorting and patterning, ordering food by size, etc.)
- Funbrain Jr.: a variety of pre-readiness games - think alphabet, beginning sounds, number sequence, patterning
- iDoodle Snow Globe and Paint Glass: seasonal drawing apps for writing and pre-writing strokes
Hellos and Goodbyes
We would like to say goodbye to Sam, from our morning class. His last day with us was before break. We will miss him! Additionally, we would like to welcome Rocco to our morning class and Ethan to our afternoon class. Rocco actually started with us in December, and we are excited to have Ethan join us next week!
- Julie Anthony (Instructional Assistant) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Davis (Speech Therapist) - email@example.com
- Chris Jacobs (Occuaptional Therapist) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzanne Ruth (Physical Therapist) - email@example.com