July 6th - July 10th
Day 1 - STEM is imperative at NCDOT. What an eye opening experience!
Day 2 - Strawberry DNA extraction! The perfect summer STEM activity.
Day 2 -Working with our personal chef, Mr. Allison, from Dole.
What is STEMersion?
STEMersion is a unique experience that allows teachers from Cabarrus County to visit STEM-related companies and organizations. They learn about the inner workings of a business and how important math and science skills are in the daily work of their employees.
Each STEMersion partner has a chance to speak with and encourage teachers to explain how important it was for their students to enroll in and excel in STEM related courses .The businesses are able to show teachers the work environment and the practical use of the formulas, theories, and concepts they teach. Teachers also learn from their new partners that there are resources available from outside the school system, such as help in developing curriculum and help in guiding students toward apprenticeships, internships, and other workplace learning opportunities.
Workshop #: C12892
Agenda for the week:
Day 1 - Morning - EPRI
Monday, July 6th, 8:30am-12:30pm
1300 West W.T. Harris Boulevard
*** Transportation Provided***
- If you would like to ride on the bus, please be at JMRHS by 8:30 AM, if you are going to EPRI and NCDOT on your own, please be there by 9:00 AM
- Park at JM Robinson High School and drive to EPRI and NCDOT together.
Day 2 - All Day - NC State Research
Tuesday, July 7th, 9am-3pm
600 Laureate Way
Please wear closed toed shoes.
There is immediate parking right outside of the building (street access) and also there is a park deck which is accessible for us.
The address is 600 Laureate Way and we will meet in the entry to the building.
Day 3 - Energy Day
Wednesday, July 8th, 8:30am-3:30pm
4401 Old Airport Road
- ***Must wear capi length or longer pants and closed toed shoes***
- Meet at CCS Education center at 8:30 AM to begin our day with an introduction to energy activity
- Travel and tour a solar panel farm
- Travel to Belews Creek Steam Station
- Return to the CCS Education Center by approximately 3:30 PM
Day 4 - Morning - S&D Coffee
Thursday, July 9th, 8:45am-12:30pm
300 Concord Pkwy S
Please be at S&D Coffee by 9:00 AM.
- Visitors agreement will need to be signed by all participants as part of the welcome portion.
- Jewelry is not permitted. Even wedding bands!!!
- Individuals should wear flat, closed toed shoes (do not go to any extra expense. bring tennis shoes and change for the tour-that will be perfectly fine)
Day 5 - Morning - GIS
Friday, July 10th, 9-10:30am
30 Corban Ave SE
GIS is located in the basement of the Govt. Building