A Christmas Carol Background
- Charles lived from 1812 - 1870.
- He was married to Catherine Hogarth.
- They had at least ten kids together.
- Charles wrote twenty books.
- This era began in Britain in the 18th century.
- It was created to raise peoples standards of living.
- The Victorian Era was from 1837-1901.
- This era was the period of Queen Victoria's reign.
Child Labor & Poverty
- This era of time began because the children were smaller and could fit in the factories.
- It was easier for the kids to maneuver around the small spaces.
- Also they didn't have to be paid as much as adults did.
- The kids parents needed money to get out of debt jail.