The Patriot Parent Connection
2020-2021 School Year: Volume 5 - Week of September 14
Virtual Curriculum Night
For our Virtual Families - for FVA courses being taught by Liberty teachers, our website provides teacher introductions and curriculum overviews. For FVA courses taught by teachers at other schools, please visit those school's websites for Curriculum Night information.
Please Note: Even if you are not interested in purchasing school pictures, these are the portraits showcased in our yearbook, which we would love for ALL students to be a part of!
Face to Face StudentsPicture retakes will take place during Patriot Time on September 30 in the band room.
Picture retakes will take place from 5:00 - 6:00 P.M. on September 30 in the band room. No appointment necessary. Please park in the bus parking lot and enter through the gym doors. If you are uncomfortable coming to the building for pictures, you can schedule a private appointment with our photography company, BPI: 770-887-3080.
- Attendance will be taken daily as usual.
- If your child is absent, please send in their excuse note or doctor's note within 5 business days.
- Feel free to contact teachers or Danielle Worley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to notify them of an absence, especially if you anticipate your child being out more than one day.
Students Attending Forsyth Virtual Academy online
- Attendance will be taken weekly, based on work completion.
- As long as your student is logging into ItsLearning regularly and completing work in a timely manner, they will be marked present.
- If you receive a notification over the weekend that your student has been marked absent for one or more days, it means they did not submit all of the assignments for the week.
- If your student is too ill to log into itsLearning to complete work, please notify their teacher and Danielle Worley (email@example.com) to make them aware of the absence.
if your student is absent
Our next football game is Tuesday against Little Mill Middle at Forsyth Central High School (6:30 kickoff). We are the visiting team for this game, so please sit on the visitor side of the stadium (concrete stands). We are excited for our athletes to have an opportunity to play, and we want these opportunities to continue! Thus, please help us by:
- Social distancing in the stands (sit by households six feet apart from other households)
- When not social distancing, wear a mask
- Supervise children in your care and monitor their application of safety precautions
- Bring hand sanitizer and use throughout the game
- Try to bring exact change for gate tickets to cut-down on the exchange of bills ($4/student; $6/adults; $3/seniors 65+, FCS retirees, & veterans)
a note from the Patriot Clinic
To the parents of 2020-2021 NEWLY ENROLLED students to Forsyth County:
Form GA-3300 –Vision/Hearing/Dental/Nutrition Form Provisional certificate expires on November 1st. At registration, if the V/H/D/N form is not complete, the parents have 90 days to provide the school with the certificate. Fall break is a good time to get these forms completed. Please contact your physician or the Forsyth County Health Department at 428 Canton Highway in Cumming at 770-781-6900 for an appointment for the health screenings. You can submit these forms to the front office.
COVID-19 Quarantine Communication Plan
Click here for a great resource for our families learning virtually this semester!
Thank You to all that have joined!!
A heartfelt thank you to all our parents and staff members who joined PTSO before school even started! We are stronger together and appreciate all our PTSO does to support Liberty students!
It's NOT too late to join!! Just go to My Payments Plus!
General Health Precautions
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building, but we encourage students to bring their own, as well.
- Our custodians will be sanitizing classrooms every afternoon. If you want to send cleaning wipes with your student to wipe down surfaces before use, please just make sure they are not bleach-based products.
- It is the expectation of staff and students to wear masks, if they are able. We want to be able to maintain face-to-face instruction all year. In order to do so, we MUST work to keep each other safe; mask-wearing is a significant part of this.