DCES Panther News
September 10, 2019
Dear Panther Families,
Hello Panther Families!
We have had an exciting first month of school so far! As we continue on this semester, we have so many fun events coming up!
I want to sincerely thank you for your support during the power outage today (Wednesday). Thank you for your patience and understanding. If there is anything we can do better next time, please email me. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last year, the NM Public Education Department implemented a school goal plan called the 90 Day Plan. (See school newsletter
Starting off next week is our school Book Fair! All week long, students will be visiting the library to check out the book fair. We have our Family STEAM Night on Thursday, September 19th from 5:30-7:00pm. Bring your family to explore STEAM activities through Art, PE, and the Zones of Regulation. This is also our family shopping night at the Book Fair!
The month of October will provide some fun with Breakfast and Balloons on Friday, October 4th and the Jog-A-Thon on October 18th.
Please check out the calendar at the bottom of the newsletter for the full list of dates.
Greetings from the PTA Corner!
We are off to a great start! As always we greatly appreciate all of our families that have donated their money to our school, our Panther Pride Wall is growing everyday.
- Donation forms were just sent home through backpack mail, if you can make a donation please send the form back with payment in an envelope marked PTA through backpack mail.
- Campus Clean-up day at Dennis Chavez is on Saturday, September 14th from 8-11am. Little and big hands combine to help make our campus beautiful. Remember to bring work gloves, weeds can hurt little hands.
- Book Fair is coming up September 16-20th, and will be open in the evening of the 19th during a special Art/STEM night that is being offered by our Specials teachers from 5:30-7pm.
- School Picture day will be on Wednesday, September 18th. Order forms will come home in backpack mail. Make sure to send your kids to school with their best smile that day!
- Our next PTA Meeting is October 2nd, 8am in room 7/8. Anyone is welcome to come, please come share your amazing ideas.
- Mark your calendars for October 4th, Breakfast and Balloons. Come watch Hot Air Balloons take off from our school yard and enjoy breakfast too (Burritos, Donuts, Coffee, and Hot Chocolate will be available for purchase).
- Follow us on Facebook (Dennis Chavez Elementary School PTA) and Instagram (DennishChavezpta) or directly on our webpage.dennischavezpta.org
- Free Money, make sure to go to dennischavez.org to find ways free ways to give back to our school. Such as Box tops, Amazon Smiles, Coke rewards, Smiths and more.
Thanks for all of your support, your help is what makes our PTA great!
Morning Drop Off: Please utilize the parent pick up/drop off lane which enters on Barstow, and exits on San Francisco. Our staff are on duty at 7:30am. You may not drop off your children before 7:30am.
School Emails/Phone Calls: A few parents have informed us that the school emails, phone calls or both, are no longer reaching them this year. We have been in contact with SchoolMessenger and our internal program called Synergy which is connected to your ParentVue account. At this time, we are being told this is an issue with SchoolMessenger. We are trying to work out these issues. We also know how important it is to have all families receive timely communication. If you are not receiving emails and/or phone calls via SchoolMessenger, please check your ParentVue account first for correct contact info. If that is not the issue, please email email@example.com.
9/14- 8:00-11:00- Campus Beautification Day
9/16-9/20- Book Fair all week
9/20- End of 1st Midterm
9/23-9/27- Take Your Parents to PE Week
9/18- Fall Picture Day
9/19- STEAM Family Night/Book Fair Night- 5:30-7:00
10/2- 8:00am- PTA Meeting all are welcome!
10/4- Breakfast and Balloons
10/10-10/11- Fall Break- No School
10/28-11/1- Spirit Week
10/29- Picture Retake Day
RGEC Before and After School Program
We love parent volunteers!! Please make sure you have a current background check.
Background checks only last for 2 years.
When you receive the email confirming you have passed the background check, please forward the confirmation email to our Secretary, Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Cueva Career Fair
Dear Community Professionals,
It's that time of year again! La Cueva High School will be hosting our annual Career Fair on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. We believe that having students explore careers while in high school is a critical component of being College and Career Ready upon graduation. This event allows us to help students explore careers during the school day and start networking with professionals in the community. In order to hold this event we need professionals like you.
The Career Day is held in conjunction with our PSAT testing and will run from 7:30 – 11:30 a.m. We ask that professionals arrive no later than 7:15 a.m. We will split students into four groups and have them rotate through four presentations, one of which will be the Career Fair. Each group will have approximately 45 minutes in the Career Fair. The Career Fair will be attended by all freshmen, seniors, and the majority of our juniors, which is approximately 1100 students.
Each student will be given a handout listing all of the career professionals in attendance and a map of where they will be stationed. Students will be asked to visit with at least three professionals to gather information on future careers. Students may ask about education requirements, typical compensation, work schedule and related careers. We will provide tables and signs identifying you, your title and the organization for which you work. We highly encourage you to bring signs, displays, props, handouts and/or giveaways to engage the students, but it is not required.
If you are available to participate, please go to https://forms.gle/kQ3saudgNgFZTsYdA
Peachjar- Online Digital Flyers
Have you noticed digital flyers showing up in your email inbox? In an effort to "go green," APS has started using a digital flyer company called Peachjar. Here is more information about it:
Peachjar accounts are created based on email addresses provided in ParentVUEExternal link .
- You don't need an account to receive or view digital flyers. The account allows you to manage flyer delivery preferences.
- Add email@example.com to your email contacts to ensure smooth delivery of this communication.
- Click “always display images” when you receive your first digital flyer.
Is your ParentVUE email up to date?
The digital flyers will be sent to the email address you've provided in ParentVUE. Make sure that it is up to date.
You can also talk to your school if you need help updating your contact information in ParentVUE.
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
Distribution of flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement by Albuquerque Public Schools, its schools or staff.