Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
September 5, 2017
94.5 KOOL FM BAND OF THE MONTH
The Chandler High School Band has been named the 94.5 KOOL FM featured school of the month and won $1,000 to go toward its program. The band’s recording of the National Anthem will air each day at noon, and the group will be featured on the 94.5 KOOL FM website. Congratulations, Wolf Pack Band!
WORLD JUNIOR SWIM CHAMPIONSHIPS
Sydney Chun, a sophomore swimmer at Chandler High School, just returned from a six-day International competition at the World Junior Championships representing Singapore. She competed in six events, including the 200,100 & 50 Butterfly, the 200 & 400 IM and the 200 freestyle. Competing against fellow youth from ALL OVER the world, Sydney came in 22nd in the 200 Butterfly! What an amazing accomplishment! Way to go, Sydney!
LAST WEEK’S WINS
- Boys and Girls Swim and Dive def. Corona del Sol 210-152. Congrats to Nate Jurek and Sasha Gesner, CHS Swimmers of the Week!
- V Badminton def. Mountain Pointe 5-4
- V Volleyball def. Pinnacle 3-0 and Copper Canyon 3-0; JV def. Copper Canyon 2-0; F def. Copper Canyon 2-0
- Boys Tennis tied Desert Mountain 3-3
- Girls Tennis def. Desert Mountain 5-4
- V Football def. Pinnacle W 35-28; F Football def. Pinnacle 36-7 (photos courtesy of Shannon Liebrock)
- Girls Golf def. Mesa and Gilbert
THIS WEEK’S HOME EVENTS
- Tuesday, Sept 5th: Badminton vs Desert Ridge @ 4 pm
- Wednesday, Sept 6th: Badminton vs Desert Mountain @ 4 pm; Girls Tennis vs Hamilton @ 3:30 pm; Freshman Football vs Mountain Pointe @ 6 pm
- Friday, Sept 8th: Varsity Football vs Mountain Pointe @ 7 pm; House of Payne Volleyball Tournament
- Saturday, Sept 9th: House of Payne Volleyball Tournament; Wolves Classic Swim Meet
1ST HOUR SPIRIT COMPETITION
Congratulations to Mr. Schnittger’s 1st hour class for winning CHS’s spirit competition for the month of August. His class had over 87% participation. Great job, Wolves!
PREVENTION AND INTERVENTION WEEK
During the week of August 21st, Officer Keipert, in cooperation with Ted Huntington from CCYSA/ICAN, set up a full week of law-related education in the fields of prevention and awareness. Topics presented to students through their Comprehensive Health and Physical Education class periods consisted of “Making Positive Choices”, “Drugs and How They Work”, “Addiction: Effects on the Person, Family, and Community”, “Negative Effects of Alcohol”, The Power of a Positive Mindset,” with testimonials from guest speakers titled “Young People in Recovery”, “Kevin’s Walk”, and a down to earth testimonial by a young man named Tomas from the Not My Kid program. This week of classes and presentations reached over 900 Chandler students, mostly freshmen and sophomores, and received great reviews. Officer Keipert has scheduled this program again during 2nd semester for those who could not attend this semester.
AP/IB TEST REGISTRATION
- AP Test Registration is now open! All students in an AP class should register for their exams online by September 15. Payment is due by December 15. Please see the AP Test flyer for more detailed information.
- IB Test Registration is now open! All juniors and seniors that are taking IB exams this year need to complete their online registration by September 15. Payment is due by November 1. See attachment for detailed registration information.
- Are you planning on requesting financial assistance to help pay for IB or AP exams? The form is available on the test registration site and is DUE to counseling by September 15.
NHS BLOOD DRIVE
All college visits will take place in the CHS College & Career Center, unless otherwise specified. Students should sign up outside of the College & Career Center to attend a presentation. They will receive a pass in class on the day of the presentation.
YEARBOOK INFO AND SENIOR ADS
Senior Yearbook Recognition Ads are a great way for parents, families and friends to commemorate student achievements and important milestones. In addition, revenues from recognition ads help CHS create a better yearbook. View the Senior Ad flyer for additional info and the order form.
Introducing Chandler High School’s official senior photographer – Cilento Photography! Be sure to be photographed by Cilento for your senior yearbook portrait no later than 10/21/17. The studio is located at 4513 N. Scottsdale Rd #112 Scottsdale, Az 85251 Cilento Photography will also be on campus for scheduled sessions 10/9/17-10/13-17.
Feel free to call 480-947-4467 or visit www.Cilentophotography.com for more information.
Earn School Cents points from September 1, 2017- March 31, 2018.
CHS can earn up to $3000 when you shop and log receipts from Chandler Fashion Center and The Boulevard Shops
SEPTEMBER: EARN QUAD POINTS when you eat at any Chandler Fashion Center restaurant or eatery. Visit ShopChandlerFashionCenter.com to view your dining options. To learn more visit www.shoppingpartnership.com/chandler
For your convenience, drop receipts off in our front office and we will submit them for you, or you can bring in your receipts to Guest Services located on the upper level across from Barnes and Noble. Let’s make CHS money!