すいようび - Wednesday
Culture Discussion Due
Submit Lesson 1 Culture Discussion + 2 Comments Today
- Post your Lesson 1 Cultural Discussion Post today
- Navigate to Course Modules > Module 1 > Lesson 1 > M1L1 Culture Notes
- Carefully read the information posted there about greetings and bowing
- When you're done, navigate to Course Modules > Module 1 > Lesson 1 > M1L1 1.3 - Cultural Discussion
- Carefully review the Discussion Rubric and criteria on the page before and after writing your post - this list what criteria I will use to determine your grade on the assignment. Be sure your post adequately covers all of the criteria.
- The link to the discussion board is at the bottom of the page.
- Remember that you must submit 2 comments to your classmates' posts to get full credit!
- Posts should be at least 2-3 paragraphs long with around 4-6 sentences in each paragraph.
- Response posts should be thoughtful, at least 2 sentences, and must add to and/or promote further discussion,
- Good quality posts and 2 quality responses will earn you a good grade on this assignment.
Writing Assignment Feedback
Overall I am very impressed with the good quality of work I've seen so far. Most of you have feedback on that assignment and have a grade on the assignment already.
Check your grades by clicking on My Grades in the left hand navigational toolbar. There you will see your scores and feedback on your assignments.
Feedback is very important because it will help you identify your strengths and areas where there is some room for improvement. In the event something went wrong with your submission, I will post feedback about that too and request a re-submission. Please be sure to always check your feedback after your assignments were graded.
If you have not submitted your first writing assignment - be sure to submit it today!
Click the above link to see how to write the hiragana characters a - ko stroke by stroke
Welcome Late Start Students!
Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you with us!
Many of you are doing a great job jumping in, rolling up your sleeves and working on your assignments. Reach out to me if you need help or have questions. Be sure you're working on your orientation material while you work on your assignments. See Friday's announcement for a full listing of things to be completed to help you get caught up.
If you need to schedule your welcome call with me, please use the link below and sign up today.
Also don't forget to sign up for language coaching! See last Tuesday's announcement for details!
I'll be posting more info about coaching soon. Keep your eyes peeled for updates.
Contact Boutin Sensei
I can also be reached by these contacts outside of office hours, and am sometimes on BBIM during the day too.