The Eagle Flyer
October 25, 2021
A Message from Mrs. Fantaskey
It is a festive week at Doyle!
1. The Great Doyle Pumpkin Contest - Submissions due TONIGHT!
2. Spooktacular Staff - Stock the Nest begins Tuesday, October 26th
3. Doyle Fall Fest at Tabora - Thursday, October 28th
4. Halloween Festivities - Parade & Parties on Friday, October 29th
5. Early Dismissal on Friday, October 29th
November 2, 2021 - Virtual Learning Day for All Students
On November 2nd, all students will be at home and virtual for the entire day. Teachers will teach live through TEAMS on this day. Prior to November 2nd, teachers will practice with their students so they know how to access Teams and other apps for the virtual day. Your child's teacher will communicate specific instructions, as needed.
Wishing all a festive and safe Halloween week,
Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, October 25, 2021
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest Submissions Due
- Stock the Nest Donations Due
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- Red Ribbon Week - Wear Red To Celebrate Red Ribbon Week
Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Fall Fest at Tabora Farm
Friday, October 29, 2021
- Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM (all students)
- Halloween Parade and Celebrations
- Lunching and Dining for Doyle at Villa Capri
- Virtual Instruction Day - Election Day
- Lunching and Dining for Doyle at Villa Capri
- No School - Diwali
Friday, November 5, 2021
- TEAM Doyle Spirit Day - Wear your TEAM Doyle shirts!
- Last Day to Submit 6th Grade Pie Orders
Wednesday & Thursday, November 17th & 18th
- DHSA Holiday Shop - More information coming soon!
Friday, November 19, 2021
- Picture Make Up Day
- No School - Thanksgiving Break
Thursday, November 25, 2021
- No School - Thanksgiving Break
Friday, November 26, 2021
- No School - Thanksgiving Break
The Great Pumpkin Contest
The Great Pumpkin Contest - Photo submission due by tonight! Please click on the link below to have your pumpkin masterpiece included in contest.
We are hosting a Halloween themed Snack Bar for our SPOOKTACULAR teachers and staff this month for all they BOO! Please help us stock the Eagle's Nest (Faculty Lounge) by donating some fall sweets, snacks, and drinks for them to enjoy.
Please drop your donated items off in the office or send them in with your student before Tuesday, October 26th at 9:00 AM.
- Begins at 9:10 AM
- Parking lot will open at 8:45 AM (After our typical arrival)
- Parking will be available at Major Neis Softball Fields or the black top (after 8:45 AM)
- Parade will begin at 9:10 in grade level order, led by our kindergarten class
- Parents are asked to line the parade route to view the parade which will follow the bike & hike path around Doyle, as it typically has.
- Students may wear costumes to school, in order to be ready for the parade. Please make sure they have a bag to place their costume after the parade.
- Parent Parking - please see the images below for parking details
- The entrance to the school lot will close at 9:05 AM, so the parade can begin.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THE STREETS OF THE WESTWYK NEIGHBORHOOD!
- Our teachers have been in contact with homeroom parents for party details for this year.
- Our students will be engaged in various activities such as a games, crafts, and snacks.
- We will make sure students are distanced when eating during the parties.
- Only those parents who are volunteering at the party (max. of 3 per class) will be permitted to attend the party.
- If you have been selected as a volunteer for your child's classroom party, please make sure that you have valid clearances and to bring your driver's license.
Doyle Fall Fest - October 28, 2021
Please join us for the Doyle Elementary Fall Fest! Come for a night of fun with Wagon Rides, Corn Maze (Slightly Spooky), Festival Activity Center, Hay Bale Climb, Bonfire and Food Concessions!
Tickets are $13.00 per adult or child. Children under 3 are free.
Sign up before Thursday, October 21st so we have accurate counts as this will be a PRIVATE EVENT with ONLY Doyle families! This is not open to the general public.
Confirm your reservation at SignUpGenius Doyle Home and School:
Pay online using the Doyle Square account OR send in cash/check to the school office in an envelope marking your family name. Make checks out to the: Doyle HSA. Payment is due before October 26.
The HSA will be selling S'mores packs onsite or you can pre-purchase your S'mores pack online when you buy your tickets. CASH only for S'mores purchases onsite.
Red Ribbon Week
On Wednesday, 10/27/21, Doyle will wear RED to support Red Ribbon Week.
Veterans Day Wall of Fame
We are excited to honor our Veterans for this upcoming Veterans Day with various activities. One of our most favorite is our Wall of Honor. We would love to have as much Doyle family participation, as possible.
If you or a family member is currently serving or has served in the US Armed Forces, please e-mail a picture of that person in uniform with name and relationship to our students. All pictures should be emailed to email@example.com.
Over the past week, our students wrote notes of appreciation to our soldiers serving in Iraq. These notes will be sent in hopes that they will be delivered close to Veterans Day. We are so proud to honor those who serve our country. Our students will also take part in various classroom activities on Veterans Day.
Wing Tip Winners
Fundraising at Weis Markets
You can help with this program by scanning the bar code below to register your Weis Club Card.
Thank you for supporting our school!
Jerry & Gerald
is dedicated to Mrs. Hastings
Thank you for being an amazing teacher while we made an amazing book. It never would have happened without you.
❤ Charley Brexler and Ryan Polchan
Sheets and Delicates
are dedicated to Lekha Kolandaivelu
Everyday you amaze us with your creativity and intelligence. We hope you know how loved you are and know that you mean the world to us!
Your whole family
Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 ~ Opens November 1st
Visit www.cbsd.org/register for more details, including necessary documents to gather in order to register your kindergarten students. PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING RIGHT AWAY IN ORDER TO AID THE DISTRICT IN ITS PLANNING FOR 2022-2023.
HEALTH & SAFETY UPDATES
Health & Safety Reminders
Household items that you don’t want to keep but you hate to throw away, like
- Game pieces
- Wood scraps
- Thread bobbins
and Recyclables – Right out of the recycle bin! Please rinse out plastic items before sending them in.
- Tissue boxes
- Oatmeal boxes
- Egg cartons
- Paper Towel tubes
- Plastic containers·
- Toilet paper tubes
Technology Access for International Travel
Currently, the Technology and Innovation Department blocks Microsoft Office 365 logins to Outlook, OneDrive, ClassLink, and Canvas from foreign countries. This aids in protecting our CBSD user accounts and organization from malicious computer attacks from outside of the United States.
Students who travel cannot assume their devices will work once they leave the United States. For student out-of-country access requests, please know that access to technology for vacations will not be approved at this time.
Counselor's Corner ~ Sparks
Welcome back to Sparks.
You will be receiving these articles on a regular basis through your building’s newsletter with the goal of career education for all Central Bucks students.
Last spring, the students in grades 3-6 were introduced to Smart Futures. Smart Futures is an online career development platform which focuses on grade-specific activities for students and manages the outcomes of the activities in a portfolio which meets the required PA Career Readiness Standards. Classroom teachers will be working with students in Smart Futures. Last year students in grades 3-6 completed a limited number of activities, but this year we will be asking all elementary students to complete the activities for their grade. Any student who chooses, can do the activities in the previous grade band to have a complete portfolio for career readiness. For the most part, students can do the earlier activities independently so it might be an opportunity for you to see Smart Futures at home with your daughter or son. We are asking students not to go beyond the activities assigned to their grade.
SF allows students to discover what they like to do, learn about careers they might want to investigate, and even how to develop a budget. To learn more about SF, watch this short video and you can always ask your child to log onto SF to see what they are learning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAovnVPPEXc
For comments or questions, please contact Ginny Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DINING FOR DOYLE
Resources & Quick Links for Families
Clearances for Chaperones and Volunteers
This school year the district has approved Classroom and Grade Level Field Trips. If you wish to chaperone your child's future planned event, please recognize that your clearances must be up to date with the Central Bucks School District. If your clearances are up to date, simply upload them into the App Garden-Volunteer Tracker.
If your clearances have expired or if you need to begin the clearance process, simply click on Required Documents for the directions. Once you received the approved clearances, you may then upload them into the APP Garden-Volunteer Tracker.
CB West Boys Basketball Skills and Drills Clinic 2021
Thursday, November 4th
It’s a day off from school! Grab some friends and have some fun while brushing up on your game. We invite boys and girls from grades 3 through 8 to work on their basketball skills with the CB West Boys Basketball team. The players will focus on ball handling, shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding and other offensive and defensive concepts.
- When: Thursday, November 4th (9am–2 pm)
- Where: CB West High School Gym
- Cost: $45 per player
- What to bring: Lunch and water bottle. Money for snacks and drinks.
- Payments for the clinic must be processed through the CBSD My Payments Plus online payment system at https://mypaymentsplus.com. We are unable to accept any mail-in or in person registrations.
**This is a fundraiser for the CB West Boys Basketball program. Thank you for your support!
**Please bring a lunch and water bottle/sports drink.
**The snack bar will be open with assorted snacks and drinks only.
** We cannot accept registration after the deadline of October 30, 2021. There are a limited number of spots for this clinic so register early so you don’t miss out!
For any additional Information, contact Joanie Reed at email@example.com.
We hope to see you there for some fun and games!!
Doyle Elementary School Information
Doyle is an "A" School
- Arrival begins at 8:15 AM
- Student Day Begins at 8:35 AM
- Student Day Ends at 3:15 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 3:35 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 11:55 AM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:15 and the student day begins at 10:35
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 8:35 AM (arrival begins at 8:15 AM) and ends at 11:10 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 12:40 PM and ends at 3:15 PM
- A few years ago, we implemented a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Doyle:
- AM Students 10:35 AM – 12:20 PM and PM Students 1:30 PM – 3:15 PM