Symmes Elementary School
Friday, January 27, 2017
We are so excited for our Cultural Celebration at Symmes Elementary TONIGHT! We hope you will join us. The event begins at 6:00pm and will end at 8:00pm. The bus shuttle (Sycamore School busses) will be available every 15 minutes from the Morning Star Coffee parking lot on Montgomery Road.
Order your Symmes Elementary School yearbook!
Author visit to Symmes Elementary
Award-winning author Candace Fleming is coming to Symmes Elementary
on Wednesday, March 8th!
It was just announced this week that her most recent book, Giant Squid, was named a Robert F. Sibert Nonfiction Honor Book!
Candace Fleming is the author of over 20 picture books, chapter books, nonfiction, and biographies.
She will host presentations for every grade level to bring understanding, interest, and enthusiasm to the process of writing. Her interactive demonstrations will inspire our younger writers to think creatively and critically and our older writers to research thoughtfully and passionately.
PRE-ORDER her books by sending in the order form that was sent home on Tuesday.
Click this link for the order form. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0CcWrpl-0SVE5nd2FoTmpUeHIxZV9jb18yampkX0ZyMlFN
Orders are due no later than Tuesday, February 7th.
Need more information about her books?
Thank you to our Symmes PTO for funding this exciting author visit!
Kindergarten Registration for the Class of 2030
Kindergarten registration at Symmes is February 7th, 2017 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. If you have neighbors with children who will be 5 on or before September 30, 2017, please share this information with them!
Materials needed to register for kindergarten:
- Photo I.D.
- Child’s current immunization records
- Original birth certificate/proof of birth or passport
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Proof of residence (mortgage deed, current rental/lease agreement)
- Child care provider’s name, address and phone number (if applicable);
- If you are new to the district, you will need to click on "New Student" to begin filling out your information. If you have a current student in the district, please verify that your information is correct in Final Forms. If you cannot fill out your form online, please contact the district office at (513) 686-1709. If there are issues with your online registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have filled out and completed your forms, please print them out and bring them with you to your registration date.
- A physician’s report and dental report. This should be completed and returned no later than the first day of school.
- If you are interested in Full-Day Kindergarten, please fill out the full day form and turn in at the registration dates above to be entered into the lottery for Full-Day. There is a $100.00 deposit due at time of registration if you are interested in full day kindergarten.
Carnival Food Prices
2017 Carnival Food Prices
Chicken Sandwich (Chick-Fil-A) $4 = 8 tickets
Pizza Slice: $3 = 6 tickets
Whole Pizza: $10 = 20 tickets
Milk $1 = 2 tickets
Water $1 = 2 tickets
Apple juice $1 = 2 tickets
Fresh fruit cup $2 = 4 tickets
Gogurts $1 =2 tickets
Carrots $1 = 2 tickets
Chips/Gold fish $1 = 4 tickets
Cake pops $2 = 4 ticketsMenchies Frozen yogurt with one scoop of one topping $3 = 6 tickets
Pre-Order your Carnival Tickets
It’s time to pre-order your Symmes Carnival tickets!
Pre-ordering your tickets means NO WAITING in line to buy tickets on Carnival night!
Tickets are used for both games and food.
Most children use $20 worth in tickets.
Most games cost 1-4 tickets.
Please, print the completed order form and send with payment (cash or check) in an envelope marked “Carnival tickets” to school with your child via backpack mail.
Contact Sunny Pitt at 216-312-4970 or email@example.com with questions.
Order forms were sent home or you can click here to print the ticket order form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X75kofjhktW-gvocW5SfmaqAYncunrhMuQEm89vL-zc/edit?ts=588b6d5b
ORDERS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24th
Make checks payable to: Symmes PTO (Sorry, NO REFUNDS)
$5 for 12 tickets (Will cost $5 for 10 tickets on Carnival night)
Follow http://symmeselementarypto.blogspot.com, Symmes Elementary Facebook page, or the weekly S’more Email Newsletter for copies of forms & additional information.
Patrotic Sycamore Shirts for sale by Sycamore Junior High School students
Would you like to show your support for both Sycamore and America, all while raising money for charity? Here is your chance! Students from Sycamore Jr. High are selling Patriotic Sycamore Shirts and would love your support. Profits from the 8th grade shirt will help fund programs at The Boys and Girls Club of Cincinnati. Profits from the 7th grade shirt will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association of Greater Cincinnati. The order form link is below. Please fill out the form entirely. A separate/new Google form needs to completed for each t-shirt ordered.
The order for the shirts will not be placed until the sale is final on February 10. Expected delivery is the end of the month. Payment should be given to front desk office staff at your respective building or the District Office starting on Feb 1st.
Only orders that are paid will be placed.
If you have any questions please contact Anne Morrow or Daniel Rodriguez at Sycamore Jr. High.
We thank you again for your willingness to support this endeavor.
Link to order and view shirts-
AVES Hangar Bookstore & Spirit Shop - week of January 30, 2017
Bonus Hours Tuesday, January 31 from 6-8 p.m.!
Our clearance rack just got bigger and better! New items recently added + additional markdowns taken on existing clearance items. All clearance items are 30-75% off original price.
For more information (including a complete schedule of hours & parking directions) please visit our webpage