Rochester Technology Workshop
Brought to You By: Educational Technology Committee (ETC)
Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5 PM
Overview: Campus Technology Updates & Software Training
1. Introduction: Medaille College ETC Training Community in Blackboard (Bb).
Using Blackboard for Faculty, Student, & Program Training Initiatives
- ETC Training Community- New Spring 2016- Check it Out in Blackboard
* Found in Blackboard Community Tab
* Training Resources Available Now
- Blackboard Faculty Overview
- Grade Center
- Announcement Tool
- Discussion Board
2. Introduction: Medaille Medallion Retention Portal
- Attendance, Academic Warnings, & More...
Medaillon Support: http://it.medaille.edu/medallion
3. Information: Online Student Opinion Surveys (OSOS)
- For ALL Courses & Program Starting Spring 2016 semester.
- Bring your mobile device so you can play!
- Complete an Online OSOS from the Student Perspective
- OSOS Tips: https://www.smore.com/tewc5-online-student-opinion-survey
4. Introduction: Kaltura Video Streaming Software for use in Bb Courses
5. Kaltura Software Add videos to your Bb Courses in the Huber 216 Computer Lab
- * Overview: Video Screen/Presentation Capture Demo
* Resources: https://www.smore.com/tuf7n-kaltura-video-platform
Special Thank You ETC Members
Faculty: Andy Yeager, Belete Mebratu, Colleen Wilkinson, Vohita Mihai, Val Macer, Donald Nowak, Jonas Patricko & Mary Beth Scumaci, ETC Chair
Administrators: Dr. Kenneth Macur, Dr. Brenda Fredette, & Gian Martinelli
Instructional Technology Staff: Bob Chyka & Ray Drechsel