Liams Ranking Review
How to Check Your Keyword Rankings
If you are intent on optimizing your site and catching that coveted top spot on Google it is imperative that you carefully watch your keyword rankings. Understanding where your site ranks in the major search engines for your target keywords is Essential for Many reasons:
1. It lets you evaluate how much you're from the top and just how much effort/recourses are required to reach the page.
2. It allows you to examine different SEO techniques to see which ones are operating and drop all the rest.
3. It enables you to keep your finger over the search engine heartbeat allowing you to spot algorithm tweaks and updates until they affect your website's traffic. If your rankings fall for some search phrases you'll be able to quickly take measures to restore your positions before it affects your traffic and earnings.
4. It helps you evaluate the effectiveness of your SEO and understand the competition in your niche.
5. If you're doing SEO for clients, keyword ranking reports are entirely a must.
There are a variety of ways to check where your site ranks for your key words let us see what options we have got.
Manual rank checks
The clear choice would be to visit Google and other search engines you're watching, conduct searches on your target key words and search for your website in the results. However this way is not merely very slow but also largely inaccurate. As you may or might not understand Google is now serving customized results for all users, whether or not you are signed on your accounts or not. Therefore the results that you get will be impacted by your previous search history, which they could be different from what most consumers see.
Google Webmaster Tools
In case you have a Google Webmaster tools accounts you can find some intriguing data in your own websites positions for various key terms in Google there. If you go to'Your site on the web' ->'search queries'. There you get a list of all of the search strings your website appeared at the search results search for. The instrument shows you that the variety of impressions, clicks, clickthrough rate and the typical position for each keyword. Should you click on any key word you can also see exactly what pages looked from the search results. This information not only shows you where your website ranks for particular search phrases but also enables you to assess how your positions are affected by personalized results, users location, etc.. The drawbacks of this procedure is that if your site rankings below the best 10 results the tool only shows you that the # of their results page, not the exact rankings, not to mention you can only monitor your rankings on Google, so if you aim Yahoo!, Bing or another search engines you'll need some other solution for tracking your positions there.
Rank checkers provide among the most popular and perhaps the most effective way of monitoring your site's rankings. There are a lot of rank checking tools out there, both free and paid. The majority of them allow you to track a number of websites and key words in a Some of the best ones have been Rank Checker from SEO Book (free), Advanced Web Rankings (AWR) (compensated with free trial) along with Rank Tracker from Link-Assistant (free and paid). Find out more information click review guide