Lincoln Lion's Local Buzz
January 4, 2018
Monday's In-service Day
Reboot for Zones and Expectations
There will be lessons to reteach the four expectations to our students on the 7th. I will email you all when they are in our TEAM drive for Lincoln. These lessons will be created by members of the the leadership team and the expectation is that all teachers teach each lesson before the end of the month of January. You have discretion about when you put them in your instruction, but I would strongly suggest that you don't wait until the end of the month.
Also, please reach out to Henry, Marsha, or Kristen, the person who taught your Zones lessons in the fall, to schedule times for them to come in and work with your students this month. Our focus will be to refresh students on Zones, how to appropriately use the Lion's Den, and skills to deescalate. This may be more than one visit. Work with Henry, Marsha, or Kristen to arrange dates. Please have them come and cover these topics with your students by the end of January.
Finally, for teachers please make sure that your Lion's Den is ready for the second half of the year. Does it need a touch up? Is it still in one piece??? Several in the building look great and clearly are used by students. Others, are looking like they may need a revisit. Please take stock of your den and if you need something to help your students use it effectively (ex: stress ball, or a calming book) please reach out to Marsha or Kristen, they may be able to help.
Meeting focus topics for January
- We will have PLC on 1/8. The focus will be curriculum. Please bring at least one element of your curriculum that you will be working on this month to the meeting. Think of it as a problem of practice--if you implement this element of the curriculum in "this" way, then our students will show improvement in "this". It could be work to improve growth for our on grade level students (an area we need to improve on), or it could be an area that you and your team want to collaborate on to improve engagement or mastery by our students. Shasta will be with us on the 8th. Grades 2 and 3 will have a slightly different agenda that day.
- We will not have our PLC on Tuesday 1/15 because we will all be meeting on 1/17 for RTI conferences. A SPED representative will be at the 1/17 meetings to help with any questions regarding students you may have concerns with.
- The 1/29 PLC will be another Data focused meeting. We will be using this meeting to analyze our DRA scores and the results of our 9 week assessments. Please bring your student's data to the meeting (your computer if it is on a district data base) to facilitate our conversation. We will be looking to focus on students that are in our quintile 3,4.and 5 groups to identify what we will specifically do to ensure continued growth for these students. I will send out guiding questions for you all to think about and respond to prior to our meeting to help us use our time as productively as possible.
- The faculty meeting on 1/14 will be a presentation from Jason Gordon from the Tennessee Behavior Support Project on classroom management. I hope that his presentation will provide you with ideas and more supports to use when working with our students.
- The faculty meeting on 1/28 will likely focus on restorative practices and possibly technology.
New Face in Town
Leukemia and Lymphoma Fundraiser
Visit from Highland Elementary School in Greenville
School Wide Brain Breaks
Snow Men Pictures
I think I got everyone's snowmen...if I missed one my apologies. It was a bit nuts that last day. Also, Andy True was sent a picture of his appearance in our contest. He was very flattered. LOL!!