PACE Parent Weekly News: For the Week of September 12, 2022
"Every child deserves a champion - An adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best they can possibly be." -Rita Pierson
Hello PACE Parent!
It is our goal to keep parents and families engaged in their child's education throughout your time at PACE Academy and beyond. Parent engagement is a very important key to a child's educational success.
The Parent - School relationship reinforces children's learning in multiple settings - in school, at home, in and out of school programs, and in the community. At PACE every parent, guardian and family member is encouraged to partner with us.
Boost Your Engagement!
Research shows that the more parents and teachers share pertinent information with each other about the student, the better equipped both will be to help that student achieve academically.
Some Opportunities for Good Communication at PACE include:
- PowerSchool - Parent Portal Instructions
- Remind 101 & Class Dojo
- Attending Quarterly Parent Conferences
- Attending Monthly Parent Meetings & Workshops
- Information/student work sent home for parent review and comment
- Phone calls & Text messaging
- Parent Newsletters
- School website
- Participate in Parent Surveys
- Join a school committee: School Improvement Team, Fundraising, Events/Activities.
- Participate in parent Focus Groups
By now your child's teachers have reached out to you with the tools that they will use for communicating with you daily. It may be Remind 101 and/or Class Dojo; make sure to respond to their request to join your child's class . You may wish to use another method i.e. email or voice calls, please let them know the method of communication that works best for your family.
Staying on track with PowerSchool is also important. PowerSchool is the program that we use to manage student data and information. PowerSchool has a Parent Portal, so parents can also monitor their child's progress. We encourage parents to use this tool weekly to help you keep track of grades, assignments, attendance and more.
Title I Annual Meeting & School-Wide Open House
Thursday, Sep. 22nd, 4:30-6:30pm
Thursday, Sept. 22nd, 4:30PM - 6:30PM.
This is an in person event!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Important Parking Lot Reminders
Drop Off & Pick Up Lanes, Speed Limit, Entrances & Exits and our Neighbors
Drop Off & Pick Up LanesThe West and South Drop Off & Pick Up Lanes are for dropping off scholars during morning arrival and picking up scholars during afternoon dismissal ONLY. These lanes are not for parking. Please use a parking space if you must leave your vehicle duing arrival or dismissal. Do not leave your vehicle unattendded in the drive up lanes.
Also, please keep in mind that:
- Those who are abiding by our dismissal policy are our priority; we will service our families who are in the drive up lanes first.
- If you must leave your vehicle, do not stand in front of our doorways. Exiting scholars and staff have a difficult time manuevering through the crowd, and this could potentially present an issue of safety. Please line up along the fence in an orderly fashion, we will assist you once we have completed the drive up vehicles.
- Scholars who are registered with the security team as "Walk Home Scholars" (they live within walking distance, or if their parents work within walking distance of the school), will be dismissed at 3:40. Those picking up Walk Home Scholars must line up along the fence line in and orderly fashion to wait for their schlars to be dismissed.
Parking Lot Speed
Please be mindful that the speed limit in our school 5mph.
Parking Lot Entrances & Exits
- We have only ONE entrance onto our parking lot, this is the driveway off Mt. Vernon that is marked "Entrance" (furthest from the building).
- We have TWO exits off our property, they are marked "Exit"; one is off Mt. Vernon (closest to the building), the other is off Southfield Rd. The Southfied Rd. driveway is Exit ONLY.
We have both residential and commercial neighbors, we work very hard to build good relationships with our neighbors. In an effort to help keep our good neighbor relationships, we ask that you do not park in our neighbors parking lots and driveways, also please do not block their driveways.
Important School Notices & Policies
List of Uses of Student Directory Information Policy/ Opt out Form
School Uniform Policy
Please refer to the 2022-2023 School Uniform Chart for more uniform information.
We cannot stress enough how the importance of having good attendance is for a child's academic success. Good attendance also includes being on time to school every day. We often talk about how being absent impacts learning negatively. But do you know that being late to school has as much a negative impact as being absent? That's mostly due to the fact that tardiness often occurs more frequently than absences. Have you ever struggled to catch up at work when you've been late, or felt the eyes of co-workers or friends when you arrive late to work or to an event? If so, then, you can relate to how kids feel when the are late to school, and how they struggle to catch up. In some instances, they may not catch up because missed class discussions and lectures are just that, MISSED, they will not be relived.
At PACE scholars can arrive to school as early as 7:30AM.
Breakfast is from 7:30- 7:50AM.
Learning begins at 8AM.
Scholars are marked tardy at 8:10AM.
If you need your scholar to arrive earlier, check out Champions before & after care at www.discoverchampions.com
Cell Phone Policy
A reminder of our Cell Phone Policy. Please be sure to read the Cell Phone Policy with your scholars.
Outside Food & Food Sharing Policy
PACE has “No Food Sharing” and Wellness policies that preclude scholars from sharing food and parents from bring food in to share with other scholars. Please read our Outside Food & Food Sharing Policy. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Fundraising @ PACE
The SchoolStore Fundraiser
Visit www.schoolstore.net and sign up.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
PACE Academy is a member of the Kroger Community Rewards Program!
Kroger is committed to helping communities grow and prosper. Year after year, local schools will earn millions of dollars through Kroger Community Rewards® by scanning their Kroger Rewards card at the check out. Yes, your Kroger Rewards Card saves money for your family and also gives money back to our school.
We encourage our PACE family members to:
Register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com.
Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with PACE Academy after you sign up. If you do not have a Kroger Plus card, they are available free of charge at the customer service desk at any Kroger store.
Enroll to link your Kroger Plus Card to PACE Academy.
Our School Code or NPO number is JD661.
Upcoming School Events to Remember:
- September 12 - 16 NWEA Assessment Memo
- September 12 & 13The Mobile Dentist - register your child online at Student Dentist Registration Form.
- September 22 - Annual Title I Family Meeting & Open House
- September 29 - After School Karate Starts
- October 5 - Picture Day & Count Day
- October 12 - Walk & Roll to School Day
- October 12 - Early Release Wednesdays Start
- November - Wakanda Forever Movie Party
- March 25 - 27 - Kalahari Retreat