We Are Together Tamanend!
April 1, 2013
Tamanend Spirit Week!
Tuesday: It's a Tamanend Blue Out! Tomorrow is World "Light it Up Blue" Day... a day when people around the globe will be wearing BLUE to support Autism Awareness.
Wednesday: Backwards Day! Wear your clothes backwards.
Thursday: Crazy Sock Day! Not only do we want everyone to wear crazy socks, but we will also hide some crazy socks around the building for students to find. Now that's crazy!
Friday: Since it is opening day for our Philadelphia Phillies we hope everyone wears their Phillies gear to support the team.
Tamanend Together is...
If you have five minutes, we hope you sit with your Tamanend student and watch this video below. We hope it leads to a discussion of their gifts and how those gifts make them unique. But more importantly, we hope your student shares how important it is that each person be respected for their individual, unique gifts.
End of 3rd Marking Period - April 12th
Got R o A R?
Harris W. was nominated for RoAR Recognition by Mrs. Gamble for his RESPONSIBILITY.
For his RESPONSIBILITY, Gio R. was nominated for RoAR Recognition by Miss Meenan.
Sra. Murray nominated Alyssa K. for RoAR Recognition for her RESPECT.
PSSA Testing Days - Next Week
- Math and Reading: April 9-12, April 15 & 16
- Math and Reading: April 9-12, April 15 & 16
- Science: April 23 & 24
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target'sTake Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- April 2nd is World Austism Day - Light It Up Blue! At Tamanend, we are asking everyone to wear BLUE on that day to show our support and increase awareness.
- Warrington Township Police Department has asked that we remind everyone of the school speed limit of 15 mph during our arrival and dismissal times: 6:55-7:40 a.m. and 2:15-3:00 p.m..
- Freshman Dance Planning Meeting: ALL TMS parents are encouraged to come out and participate in this Tamanend Tradition. We will magically turn our school entrance, cafeteria, and gym into a themed ballroom for a Freshman Dance that our 9th Graders will never forget... well, it isn't really magic that does it. It is the dedication of our TMS parents! 7th, 8th and 9th grade parents are needed. Please plan to attend on April 18th at 7 p.m.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: We appreciate Mrs. Christine Pataki for coordinating the TMS Staff Appreciation Luncheon this year which will be on May 7th. To volunteer, please email Mrs. Pataki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Relay for Life: 8th and 9th graders across the district are encouraged to participate in the CBSD Relay for Life hosted at Tohickon Middle School on May 18. Please mark your calendar and stay tuned for more information.
- ARAMARK is sponsoring a student poster contest for National Nutrition month. Judging will occur at the elementary, middle and high school levels and there will be gift certificates to those students who are awarded.
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.