Summer Staff Development
Provided by MCES
Dyslexia Intervention Program (DIP)
- June 11th at MCES from 9:00-NOON
This training is for all inclusion teachers at the elementary and junior high campuses. This workshop will provide training on how to effectively use the Dyslexia Intervention Program (DIP) during the pull-out time.
CPI - INITIAL
- June 15th at BCJH Cafeteria from 8:30 - 3:30
- August 10th at BCJH Cafeteria from 8:30 - 3:30
- August 11th at PISD from 8:30 - 3:30
CPI training will only be held in the summer and will not be offered again after school starts. Please make sure to register for one of these three sessions if you need Initial CPI training.
CPI - REFRESHER
- June 11th at PISD (9:00-NOON)
- June 16th at BCJH Cafeteria (9:00-NOON)
- June 16th at VVISD (1:30-4:30)
- August 4th at PISD (9:00-NOON)
- August 4th at TISD (1:30-4:30)
- August 6th at BCJH Cafeteria (9:00-NOON)
- August 17th at MISD (9:00-NOON)
CPI training will only be held in the summer and will not be offered again after school starts. Please make sure to register for one of these seven sessions if you need the CPI refresher training.
Emotional Disorder 101
- June 17th at MCES from 9:00 - 4:00
An overview of what characterizes emotional disturbance. Manifest Determination Review's will be discussed, as well as, Behavior Intervention Plans.
- August 12th at BCHS Cafeteria from 9:00 - 12:00
Integrating hands-on manipulatives in the classroom to differentiate instruction. All materials used during this workshop will be given away to participants!
- August 12th at MCES from 1:00 - 4:00
This workshop will provide an overview on autism and suggest evidence-based instructional strategies to promote independence and encourage success for students with autism in the classroom setting.
- August 13th at MCES from 9:00 - 4:00
- 9 am, 11 am, 1 pm, & 3 pm
Bookshare is a tool that opens up the world of reading for people with print disabilities. Various types of books, including textbooks, are made available in audio format. This allows the student to listen to the books and see the highlighted words on the screen. There will be four sessions offered throughout the day by the Bookshare representative.
- August 5th at BCJH Library from 8:30 - 11:30 will be for new users
- August 5th at BCJH Library from 1:00 - 3:00 will be a refresher on goals/objectives and progress reports