Just what is it, how can it be a threat?
- Forests cover approximately 30% of the earths surface.
- Deforestation contributes about 15% of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere.
- Deforestation creates new homes for people but many animals lose their homes in this process.
- Often in many cases in the area of deforestation their is a climate change due to the unbalance of oxygen in the air.
- When people cut down trees for commercial use
- Trees being cut down to make a new community
- When trees are destroyed by natural disasters, like tornadoes
- Even when trees catch on fire it is considered a form of deforestation
The process of deforestation by burning
The process of deforestation by wind
The process of deforestation by human actions of cutting, and chopping
what is the result of deforestation?
- Cutting trees down puts greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere
- Deforestation causes soil erosion, meaning the soil dies.
- Deforestation can change climate and amount of rainfall in a certain area
- Cutting down trees can greatly reshape the earths surface