Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of August 22-26
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
August 21, 2022
Dear Rocket Families,
Thank you for your efforts to help us begin our year with success and positive energy! While the beginning of any new school year is filled with review of curriculum, routines and procedures, I was very pleased to see the level of intense instruction that occurred in our classrooms from the very first day. Thank you for connecting with your child's teacher on Class Dojo and working with us to ensure the most successful learning experience for your child.
As we begin week 2 of the new school year I ask that you please review some very important reminders below:
- Our instructional day begins at 7:30 AM and ends at 2:30 PM. Having your child arrive before 7:25 gives them time to enter the building and have breakfast without any sense of feeling rushed. Announcements are made by 7:35 and students begin traveling by 7:40.
- If your child has an appointment and needs to check out early we ask that this be done prior to 2:00 PM. Any thing after that time is very disruptive to our afternoon dismissal procedures.
- If you have not yet connected with your child's teacher by way of Class Dojo, please do so ASAP.
- Please note that Pre-K students begin this week with a staggered entrance. Pre-K parents park in our parking lot and walk students to the Pre-K entrance. They DO NOT go through car line unless they have a child in grades K-5 that they also need to drop off or pick up. Please be very mindful as you drive and ensure you are aware of families using the crosswalk to reach Pre-K access.
- All parents are asked to remain in their vehicle to ensure the safety and effectiveness of morning arrival and afternoon dismissal.
- For morning car-line, please have your child ready to exit your vehicle immediately upon stopping. Students should not exit their vehicle without the assistance of a staff member.
- If at all possible, please have your child seated on the passenger side of your vehicle so they will not have to walk around vehicles. This is VERY important for the safety of all involved.
- ******VERY IMPORTANT****** While the lower part of our car rider line allows for two lanes to help with traffic back-up you are to merge right as you round the corner to the front of the building. At no time is a vehicle to pass another. Our traffic loop is for ONE-WAY traffic only.
- PM car-rider line will NOT begin before 2:35-2:40.
- Dash Cards must be displayed for our staff calling cars. If you need a dash card please let your child's teacher know. If the staff member calling cars does not recognize you they will ask that you pull up into a parking spot so that your identification can be checked.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to not have a cell phone in use during car rider line.
- Please follow all car rider guidelines so that all students will be safe.
- Please continue to give your child's bus driver a 15-minute window.
- ALL PM riders should have someone waiting on them each afternoon. Safety is our top priority and drivers must be able to see a child walk into their residence or be met by an adult. If you live in an apartment complex or mobile home park it is essential for you to meet your child at the bus stop as there is no way for the driver to ensure your child’s safety once they depart the bus. If no one is waiting for a rider(s) they will be brought back to the school and parents/guardians will be called for pick-up.
Links regarding our weekly menus for breakfast/lunch and technology fee information are listed below.
As always, please feel free to reach out to me anytime should you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. I may be reached at email@example.com, by way of Class Dojo or by calling the school at (828) 287-3778.
Thank you for your continued support!
Upcoming Events & Important Information
- Payments are due by Monday, August 29
Labor Day Holiday
- Monday, September 5
- No school for students or staff
End of 1st 6 Weeks
- Friday, September 23