AAA News You Can Use-January 11
It's the small things….
Instructional Rounds on Tuesday, January 12
In getting ready for our visitors-
- Look at your room, pod, and hallway with fresh eyes. Make sure everything is neat and orderly.
- Arrive on time and monitor students closely throughout the day
- The library will be closed all day
- Visitors will be with us from 8:00-4:00
- Visitors will enter the classroom without knocking
- Teachers should not stop teaching nor address the network members
- Visitors will not verbally acknowledge the teacher or students (The teams will not engage in a conversation with the teacher.)
- Visitors will stay for 20 minutes
- Visitors may walk around the room and observe student work and/or ask students questions if it is not disruptive to the lesson
- No special preparation should take place for the visit – just your regularly planned lesson
Common Planning Times
We will not have PLCs meeting this week as a group. Mrs. Small has scheduled individual data meetings with teachers.
This Week at a Glance
- STAR Math 6th Grade
- Instructional Rounds
- Vertical Team Meetings
- Art Field Trip
- Reflections Social
January 22 Diana Harper
January 22 Lisa Snodgrass
Dismissal Duty for this Week
Mills, Roberts, Schertz
Frevert, Goodwin, King, Gaines
(This teacher should check cafeteria each day for students that need supervision until their after school activity begins. A teacher will arrive to get them by 3:15. We have not had may after school events but they have started up-math team, robotics, rehearsals, etc)
STAR Progress Monitoring this week: STAR testing window is Jan 5-14.
Signup for Elementary:
Signup for Middle:
Don' Forget and Things To Do!
- Create an OmniFund account. You can do this from the HCS home page.
- We are excited about the Coke machine in the workroom. Please remember NO STUDENTS should have access to the machine. Do not send students to get drinks.
- Food and drinks should stay in the cafeteria. Many students are saying that teachers tell them it is ok to bring breakfast for lunch to the room. At this time, we are not equipped for Breakfast in the Classroom so don't encourage students to bring items to the pod or classrooms.
- From Dr. Summerville: Snack and recess cannot be taken away from students as a form of discipline.
- Mark your calendar for Wellness Screening on Feb 17. Nurse Hanks will provide more details soon.