Venetia Valley Voice
School / Family Newsletter - October 2021
Our first couple of months of school have been rewarding and filled with positive activities for all of our Falcon students. Our family center has been working hard to partner with various organizations and has been creative at identifying family events to bring our community closer together. It has been great seeing our families come together for these events and I hope you continue to participate as the months move ahead with new activities for everyone! Thank you for all of your continued support, especially during these challenging times of schooling during a world health pandemic!
Como Puedo Ver Este Boletin En Otro Idioma? How Can I See This Newsletter In A Different Language?
October At A Glance
Week of October 4th - 8th:
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, Oct. 5th from 4 - 5 PM in front of the school
- Walk & Roll to School Day from 8:10 - 8:55 AM
- Bilingual Citizenship Class on Wednesday, 10/6 from 5 to 7 PM in the MPR
- School Site Council Meeting on Thursday, 10/7 at 4:30 PM (via Zoom)
- Principal Chat on Thursday, 10/7 at 6 PM (via Zoom)
Week of October 11th - 15th:
- Monday, 10/11 is Indigenous People's Day - We HAVE school on this day!
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, 10/12 from 4 - 5 PM in front of the school
- ELAC Meeting on Tuesday, 10/12 from 6-7 PM
- Bilingual Citizenship Class on Wednesday, 10/13 from 5 to 7 PM in the MPR
- DELAC Meeting on Thursday, 10/14 at 6 PM via Zoom
- "Latino Festival" at Venetia Valley School from 5 - 7 PM on FRIDAY, 10/15!
Week of October 18th - 22nd: Start of Parent Teacher Conference Week!
- No School on Monday, 10/18 & Early Release at 12:50 PM Tue - Fri (Special Day Classes release at 12:20 PM Tue - Fri).
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, 10/19. Time TBD due to conference week.
- Bilingual Citizenship Class on Wednesday, 10/20 from 5 to 7 PM in the MPR
- "Great California Shake Out" Earthquake Drill on Thursday, 10/21
- Two Way Dual Language Immersion Family Information Session from 6 - 7:30 PM. Will be held both online & in-person.
Week of October 25th - 29th:
- Mitzvah Day - Volunteer Day (Rodef Sholom & VV Community) to work on our garden on Sunday, 10/24. Times TBD (to be determined)
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, 10/26 from 4 - 5 PM in front of the school
- Bilingual Citizenship Class on Wednesday, 10/27 from 5 to 7 PM in the MPR
- Halloween Celebrations - Costume Dress Up Day on Friday, 10/29
Week of November 1st - 5th:
- Dia de los Muertos Celebration on Monday, 11/1
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, 11/2 from 4 - 5 PM in front of the school
- Bilingual Citizenship Class on Wednesday, 11/3 from 5 to 7 PM in the MPR
- School Site Council Meeting on Thursday, 11/4 at 4:30 PM via Zoom
- Principal Chat on Thursday, 11/4 at 6 PM via Zoom
We appreciate everyone's help and cooperation by sending students to school with face masks and by having families stay outside of the school gates. Hopefully we'll all be able to return to a sense of normalcy soon.
Walk & Roll to School - Wednesday 10/6
Latino Festival - Friday, 10/15!
Halloween Celebrations - Friday, 10/29!
Kona Ice Event - Friday, Oct. 1st!
VV Community Hike - Saturday, Oct. 2nd!
Family Center Update
Hello Venetia Valley Families,
Families remember that the new communication platform is Parent Square. Stay informed of what is happening in your student's classroom, at Venetia Valley School, and in the community. If you need help connecting, go to the Family Center and we will help you here. We will have several meetings and events in October, please don't miss out. Also Parent Square is a great way to text with school staff and view the schedule of activities.
Remember that the staff of the Family Center is here to serve you, do not hesitate to contact us.
The Family Center staff
What is happening in the Family Center / or in the Community:
Food Bank- every Tuesday from 4 pm -5 pm
Families, remember that bags of food are handed out every Tuesday in front of the school. Feel free to stop by if you need this service.
Safe Routes- International Walk & Roll to School Day- Wednesday 10/6/21
This Wednesday we will begin with the monthly Safe Routes challenges. Students who participate in these challenges will be eligible for a raffle in December. Make sure your student visits the Safe Route table on Wednesday before school to receive their participation card. So every first Wednesday of the month your student will deliver his card and will receive a new one for the next month.
School Site Council- Thursday 10/7/21 - 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
What is the SSC?
The School Site Council (SSC) is composed of the school principal and a group of people, selected by their peers, representing all segments of the school community: teachers, support staff, parents, and student members at the secondary level. The common goal and focus of this elected body is to support student success. The SSC does this by developing and monitoring the implementation of the school’s plan for the school year known as the Single Plan for Student Achievement.
Charla with Mr. Q- Thursday 10/7/21 - 6 pm a 7 pm
Charla with Mr. Q is an opportunity for families to ask questions or share concerns about what is happening in Venetia Valley. Get information about services or events that happen in our community. And it's also a great place to meet the VV staff and their roles. We hope you can attend.
ELAC Meeting- Tuesday 10/12/21- Zoom: https://srcs-org.zoom.us/j/5173205035
Are you a parent of an English Learner student? Is your child reclassified? Join us through Zoom from 6 pm to 7 pm. To learn more about this committee and how your students can benefit.
Latino Festival- Friday 10/15/21 from 5 pm to 7 pm
Venetia Valley along with Marin Health & Human Services will be celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. Join us for an afternoon of entertainment, information and food sales. We will have dances, informational tables and much more. We hope to see you here!
We need volunteers for this day, contact the Family Center
Parking for this event will be at the jury lot
ParentPower workshop for adults - Zoom- https://srcs-org.zoom.us/j/5173205035
Join us to learn strategies and ways to help ourselves and our children to be safe at home, in public, and in different situations. Kidpower's proven approach helps reduce fear and build confidence with age-appropriate skills. For instance:
Set clear and respectful limits, and also respect the limits of others!
Use words wisely and protect yourself from other people's words, in-person and online.
In English on Tuesday 10/26/21 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
In Spanish on Thursday 10/28/21 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Citizenship Classes - Wednesdays from 5 pm to 7 pm
If you need help with the application or studying the 100 questions, do not hesitate to attend the classes. For more information call the Family Center
Parent Service Project computer classes - Fridays
Families sign up for in-person lessons on how to use the computer/laptop, along with other programs like zoom, google email account creation, and more. To register call the Family Center
Families, if you need food, remember that along with The Rodef Sholom Congregation and El Centro de Old Gallinas we have the community refrigerator. This refrigerator is open 24/7 for families to come and grab what they need. It is located in the parking lot of the congregation at 170 N San Pedro Rd, San Rafael, CA 94903
Maria Gramajo- Family Advocate- firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Garcia- Family Advocate- email@example.com
Sheila Ramirez- Family Center Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Center Hours
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Direct Line: 415-496-0226
Follow us on social media: Facebook and Instagram @ventiavalleyTK8 and follow Mr. Quesada on Twitter @PrincipalPaulQ.
Venetia Valley TK-8 School
Venetia Valley is a community school where students, families and staff are celebrated for who they already are and are supported in every way to become all that they aspire to be.
Nuestra Declaración de Misión
Venetia Valley es una escuela comunitaria donde los estudiantes, las familias y el personal son reconocidos por quienes ya son y son apoyados en todos los sentidos para convertirse en todo lo que aspiran a ser.