CHE Update for 5/11
Coyote Staff Update
SAVE the DATE
Save the Date
August 6, 2018, 8am-4pm
Joseph Nelson Community Center
(eligible for buyback)
I will share more information as our final details emerge. The work at this retreat will be well worth your time and will represent the start to the work we do across the 2018-2019 school year.
1:1 Device Roll Out--Grade Level Collab
1. Students bring their own device (no tech support, inability to access select programs)
2. Students check Chromebook to keep at school only (stored in class, checked out to individual student)
3. Students check Chromebook to take home (students responsible for bringing device back and forth to school).
Each level requires student/parent signature and view of presentation.
CAASPP Testing Continues!
Thank you for your hard work and let's ROCK THE TEST!
Shout Out to Mrs. Chun-Remick and D14 students: D14 earned First PLACE in the Dixon May Fair Student Project, "Plastic Planet Recycled Art." The student led project is fantastic and I encourage you to reach out to DCR to ask her for more details. Bravo!
Shout Out to 4th grade: Fourth grade has been great with providing quality feedback and ideas around the rollout of 1:1 devices. Your help is appreciated!
Reminder: 2018-2019 Move Updates
1. If you need boxes, check in with Mrs. Fallon in the office.
2. Amos will not be able to really start moving furniture until after school. He is working on a schedule for cleaning and moving. He will do his best to assist you in your current efforts but moving 11 classrooms is going to be time consuming. PLEASE CLEARLY MARK BOXES with destination room numbers and MARK anything that needs to be trashed with "trash or dumpster".
3. Remember, this is a good opportunity to empty/dispose of unnecessary items. Also, ALL OLD adopted materials must go! There is no exception to this request. You can leave the outdated adoption materials outside the door marked as trash or you can give them to students to take home.
Some articles on research about AR are below. Also, you can talk to some of your colleagues who have given up AR and are finding kids are STILL reading and STILL motivated to read. Check it out:
Update for Events for April/May
May 10: Last Day to check out Library books
May 11: Progress Reports go home
May 18: SOM Names Due, Coyote Howl Hop
May 22: Volunteer Appreciation Reception
May 24: Last Day to Return Library Boks
May 25/28: No School
May 29: Leadership Meeting
June 4: Field Day
June 6: Honor Roll/Attendance Recognition/5th grade Farewell Practice
June 8: Last Day of School, Minimum Day, 5th grade farewell