LA Weekly News
Week of May 23rd - May 27th
- We will wrap up our Audio Book Clubs this week. We will analyze literary elements and respond to novel journal prompts with our book clubs. Though novel work will be done collaboratively, students will receive an individual grade for their novel packet. We will then have a book "talk" where we will share what we learned about our books with the class, since we will not have time for a book project.
- Our Idiom Of The Week is Hit The Books and our IOW Activity is due on Thursday, May 26th.
- We will begin exploring Folk Tales this week. We will read Folk Tales (Myths, Fables, Legends, and Fairy Tales) from various cultures where we will compare and contrast common themes and common elements.
- Our May Reading Goal Log is due on Thursday, May 26th.
- Our End-Of-Year Grammar Test is on Wednesday, May 25th. Students will receive a thorough review for the test. Also, students have copies of notes and practices in the "Grammar" section of their binders. Furthermore, Grammar notes may be found on our LA Website in the "Grammar Notes & Test Review" folder on the right-hand side. Students will be able to use a 4x6 index card of notes for their test.
Be sure to sign-up to receive important reminders for Language Arts!
Be sure to have (25) correctly answered questions by Thursday of each week.
Istation may be accessed from home for additional reading practice. Any Istation minutes completed at home may be used toward our Reading Goal Log.
Our LA Website contains copies of assignments, notes, reviews, projects, and essays.