Leading the pack in education
November 30 PLC Art Day; Dawn Fielder will visit with your grade level during the PLC time
December 2 Choir at UTA
December 3 Wreaths With Waldrip (see below)
December 4 Rebelair Concert in the cafeteria 2:00-2:30
December 8 5th Grade musical
December 10&11 Data Meetings (emial coming this week on what to bring)
December 14-18 No TEAM Time
December 15 OC Burger Night
December 16 Spelling Bee 8:30-10:30
December 17 Student half-day (Release at 12:30)
December 17 Winter Party Day
December 18 Student half-day (Release at 12:30)
December 18 All School Sing Along 8:30-9:30
December 19-January 3 Winter Break
The police were very complementary of our dismissal procedures and I want to encourage your vigilance. If there are any suspicious vehicles around campus, call on the radio immediately so the office can respond quickly. I want to thank Melissa Le on Friday for noticing and stopping a adult in our building without a badge and then notified me so I could escort him out. Having everyone be on alert is the best way to make sure only those with a legitimate purpose are on campus.
Please continue to make sure parents have their pickup cards. The police said this is one of the best things they like about our school's dismissal for 3 reasons.
1. It reassures parents the person next to them is supposed to be here
2. It highlights individuals who might not need to be on campus
3. It is a very visible signal to the community that there is a system in place to identify people whop are supposed to be here. The police said this is a very strong, proactive, deterrent to those who should not be on campus.
Please let em know if there is any support you need with any of the above. I will be stationed in the area closest to Scott Drive for the remainder of December, but can come to any spot if needed.
Season of Gratitude
I hope that you all enjoy the holiday season with your family. Be sure and tell the ones that are important to you how much you are thankful for them and that you love them! I hope this season is rejuvenating and you are getting the much deserved rest that you all need.
Attitude Matters: One of the best stories on the importance of gratitude
BISD Foundation Grant
Every year we have received grants from the Foundation that has made a tremendous impact on our students. Please take the time to consider applying for a grant that impacts our school as a whole. These must be completed by December 11th.
Wreaths With Waldrip
Thursday, December 3 around 4:00: you will need to buy a 12 inch Styrofoam wreath ring (they come in green and white), a wreath hanger, a package of sequin and bead pins (in the sewing notions) and an assortment of curling ribbons. Make sure you buy curling ribbon. I would also suggest buying a larger width ribbon to cover your ring with. Also, if you want to decorate the wreath with some embellishments and other things such as pipe cleaners and pom-poms, you will need those too.
The Importance of Relationships
Historic discipline referral average at 9 weeks: 356
This year office referrals at 9 weeks: 32
Student attendance continues to increases over last years average (highest HHE rate in past 8 years)
Students at HHE score above district average on 12 of the 16 district CBA's with several subjects and grade levels performing in the top 5 schools in the district!
Reminders and Focus
Our security fence will start construction over the next few weeks. This is part of the bond money and the purpose for this is to increase safety and security.
- Our goal is to be level 3 (or moving close to it) in most areas on the district rubric for TEKS centered teaching. I have seen many great examples of students interacting with the TEKS in class. Be sure to not only post them, but have discussions so that students understand the goal of their learning.
Staff Christmas Party details coming soon!
- 6 hour Gifted Training Update due by December 31st
- Continue to build strong, positive relationships with all the students. Smile often. Choose to see the good and positive. Focus on growth and celebrate often. Nothing is more helpful in the learning process than the effects of trust and joy.
- PLC's should be meeting weekly to answer the 4 questions. Common Formative Assessments should done after mapping out the six weeks, then planning for learning should take place. If you need any support in this, please contact our coaches, Erin, and myself.
- Rigor, relevance, and engagement strategies should be focus on when planning for learning