Mrs. Harris' Class News
End of Second 9 Weeks Edition
Classroom Needs For Next Week
Also, next week we would like to create instagrams. Instead of making gingerbread houses each student will be given a graham cracker to decorate with frosting and candy. In order to make this possible we will need some items donated to the class. These items include:
- a box of graham crackers
- a variety of candies (ex: m&m's, dots, Mike and Ike, twizzlers, etc.)
If you are able to send in any of these items it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
- Leroy Elementary Barnes and Noble Book fair
- Create paper mache island, will be messy
- Book talk due
Unit 8 Part 4 of spelling and vocabulary test
- Alphabios due
- Christmas Party
- All school sing along
- Sixth grade holiday movie
School resumes from break on January 4, 2016
Barnes and Noble Bookfair
If you are interested in purchasing books for my classroom, instead of those that will be shared among the entire grade, I have put together a wishlist on Scholastic. You can access the list when you login here: https://orders.scholastic.com/MHCTF
Homework over break
What's to come in January
January 2016 Preview
I want to give you a sneak peek at some of the topics we will begin covering in January when students return from break.
- We will begin working extensively with algebraic expressions, equations, and inequalities in math.
- Students will complete a group research project on a region of the United States and will be given a US map test, where they will correctly label each of the 50 states. Mr. Scott is preparing to teach them a song, Fifty Nifty United States, to reinforce this learning. With the help of Mrs. Marcy, all sixth grade students will be working on their abilities to reference textual sources as they complete their resource projects.
- Each student will continue working toward finishing their alphabiographies, using each letter of the alphabet to describe themselves and the things that are important in their lives.
- In Language Workshop we will continue to explore some history concepts as we complete an interactive read aloud of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, a book about the Holocaust.