AMMS Lion's Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, May 1, 2023
2022 - 2023 School Year
Fulton County Board of Education Spectacular News
She is amazing and well deserving of this very special honor.
We had the pleasure of Dr. Looney, Mr. Jones, Mr. Downey, Ms. McCabe and Dr. Hollinhead visiting our school to celebrate her and her accomplishments.
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th grade Assistant Principal
Mrs. Ashley Perry, 6th grade Assistant Principal
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
May 1st - 2nd - Milestones Testing (Math All Grades)
May 4th - Milestones Testing (8th Grade Science)
May 5th - Lost and Found will be donated.
May 5th - Milestones Testing (8th Grade Social Studies)
May 8th and 9th - Make-up Milestones
May 11th - Band Spring Concert (gym) 6:30 p.m.
May 15th - Chorus Spring Concert (gym) 6:30 p.m.
May 16th - Orchestra Spring Concert - 6:30 p.m.
May 22nd - 8th Grade Social - Sky Zone
May 24th - 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony (Johns Creek High School)
May 24th - May Madness
May 25th - Last Day of School
May 26th - Deadline for picking up medication from clinic.
The Georgia Milestones are approaching, and we want to go over a few reminders with you in order to create a successful testing environment for our students.
- Please make sure that your child brings their fully-charged school-issued laptop and charger every day of testing. If they do not have their laptop, they will have to make-up test, as we do not have any extra devices to use.
- Make sure your child gets a good night sleep and eats breakfast.
- Ensure that your child arrives to school on time. We will begin testing promptly at 9:00 am.
- All smartwatches and cell phones are not allowed in the testing environment. These need to be kept in lockers during testing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ashley Perry at email@example.com.
May Madness 22-23
Important Reminder to Parents
During Milestones our bell schedules will be different.
Click link for Milestones Schedules for:
Auditions for Autrey Mill's Fall Musical
Auditions for Autrey Mill's Fall Musical will be held in August. Students and parents interested in participating in this production are encouraged to attend an informational meeting via Microsoft Teams on Wednesday, May 17th at 6:30 p.m. At this meeting, we will discuss potential rehearsal schedules, participation requirements and fees, and announce show choices! Interested students are asked to fill out the Microsoft Interest Form linked here.
Wednesday, May 17th 6:30pm Lion Stage Players Musical Meeting Link
Important Clinic News
Please remember to pick up any medication (prescription or non-prescription) your child may have in the clinic by 4:00 p.m., Friday, May 26th.
Any medication left in the clinic at the end of that day, including year-round medications, over the counter and prescription medications, will be discarded.
Remember that a new Medication Authorization form and/or Health Care Plan for your child will have to be completed by you and your physician for the 2023-2024 school year.
Contact Stephanie Sorina, Clinic Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (470)-254-8258 with questions.
Dress Code Information
Autrey Mill Middle School Dress Code:
- Private body parts must be covered.
Undergarments must be covered.
- No bare midriffs
Hoods must stay off head.
No hats (exception for Hijab)
Costumes are not permitted, unless specified by the school.
Onesies and silk pajamas are not permitted.
Messages, graphics, and pictures of/or promoting drugs/alcohol, violence, weapons, sexual content, hate, or anything that administration deems inappropriate are not permitted.
Shoes should be safe and appropriate for school.
*Note: all language and graphics on clothing and personal items should be inclusive and kind.
Students and parents are expected to honor the dress code so that valuable school time is not spent examining student attire to determine appropriateness. If a student is determined to be violating the dress code, they will be given a PE uniform to wear for the rest of the day and possible disciplinary action for repeated dress code violations.
MOVING OVER THE SUMMER?
Summer is often a time when families move and transfer their children to another school. If this is something that your family is planning, please let the Counseling Office know, as it is helpful to know which students are not returning and where they are going. A Fulton County Withdrawal Form is required to be filled out, whenever a student moves to a new school. The student’s records will be sent once a Request for Records is requested by the new school throught ScribOrder: https://fultonga.scriborder.com/
Please contact Barbara Pieper with any questions, 470-254-8244 or email@example.com.
Counseling Office Information
Fulton County Public Schools is now offering a secure website to facilitate student records requests and transcripts.
All requests for student records/information will be submitted and paid for (if applicable) online. Phone and fax requests will no longer be accepted.
From the desk of our Social Worker, Dr. John B. Burger, LCSW
Parent's Responsibility When a Child is Absent
- Parents should notify the school before or after the absence(s)
- Notes should be directed to attendance owner at the school
- Handwritten note or email
- Notification from parents should happen no later than 5 days after absence
Middle and High School
- Middle/High School messages begin going out around 4:30 p.m. on the day of the absence.
- If your student is absent or misses one or more periods of the school day, they will be marked with an "A" (for absent) in our attendance system, and you will receive an automated phone call and email message to the designated contact info you provided in Infinite Campus. This includes excused absences that are approved in advance.
- Errors can occur and if you feel you received a phone call by mistake, contact your school front office to verify that your student’s attendance record is accurate.
- If your student's absence was unexpected, please remember to contact your child's school by sending in a note or email so the absence can be marked "excused" in the system.
FCS COVID 19 Reporting Procedures
FCS COVID 19 Reporting
Due to the ever-changing nature of this pandemic, the district will continue to monitor COVID data and recommendations, consult with public health officials, and make additional adjustments as necessary. If your child is sick, please keep them home. Families are still required to report a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, a pending COVID-19 test result (regardless of the reason for testing), and a direct contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive. FCS student/parents must use the Parent Reporting Portal to make the COVID-19 report.
ONE JOHNS CREEK - Two Must Read Articles
The Truth about Binge Drinking
Summer Interns Needed
Want to know more? Ready to be a part of 3DE Leadership Academy?
Scan the QR Code to visit our website.