Carman Paw Print
November 28, 2021
Important Upcoming Dates
Dear Carman Families -
We hope you had a restful, enjoyable Thanksgiving break! We look forward to having everyone back with us on Monday, Nov. 29th.
Be sure to mark your calendars for the opening of our online spirit store! The site will be ready to take orders on November 28th, with online shopping available through December 12th. All orders and payments take place online and shipping will take 3-4 weeks, so estimated delivery to school will be early January. Please see the flyer to the left or visit www.SelectSpiritwear.com and click on Carman Trails Elementary.
For more dates and fun PTO activities, please see the "Dates to Remember" at the bottom of this Paw Print, including PTO Fundraiser Night at Red Robin on December 9th!
With CT Pride,
VIRTUAL PTO Meeting on Tuesday, November 30
We look forward to seeing you at our VIRTUAL PTO meeting on Tuesday, November 30 at 6:30 pm. Here is the link to the meeting. A reminder email will also be sent out on Monday.
Allison Love is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
PARENTS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO PACK EXTRA MASKS FOR YOUR STUDENT
Parkway Is Hosting Vaccine Clinics for Parkway Students Ages 5 - 11
We asked and the community answered. Over 3,000 requests have been tallied and based on the amount of interest, Parkway will host student vaccine clinics in the next month for elementary students. Parents of students age 5-11 will receive an email to signup.
As of this date, spots are filling up quickly - there are some open spots still available on Tuesday, Nov. 30th.
The dates are:
- Clinic 1: Friday, November 19th from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m. with a return visit for the second dose December 10th from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Clinic 2: Monday, November 22th from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. with a return visit for a second dose Monday, December 13th from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Clinic 3: Tuesday, November 30th from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m. with a return visit for a second dose Tuesday, December 21st from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Special School District Is Hiring!
Carman Trails New Sensory Garden Needs YOUR Help
COUGAR COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT
Come be a part of our character recognition efforts! Now, whenever you see a student (or staff member) demonstrating character outside of school, you can nominate them using this Google Form - linked here: https://forms.gle/rtmmbkxByyZBRDR17
Nominees will be randomly selected and spotlighted in future Paw Prints and possibly other school communications. By submitting a photo (by choice, not required), you are granting permission for us to use the photo in school-related communications.
Thank you for your help in recognizing and spotlighting character in our students!
Adventure Club News of the Week
Carman Trails 2021-2022 Buzz Book Is Here - Click the Link Below
Notes From Nurse Connie Connelly
Dear Carman Families:
Please see the attached link for December's Nurse Newsletter, which includes the following topics:
Plus more important information from Parkway Health Services.
Have a healthy December!
Nurse Connie Connelly
Sustainable Schools Challenge
What is the Sustainable Schools Challenge?
This is an annual Parkway program for all students, staff, and families to participate in sustainability activities while competing for prizes for their school running Sept 1, 2021 - April 29, 2022. It's designed to connect our district mission of preparing students to respond to an ever-changing world with our district sustainability goals incentivizing actions that reduce our environmental impact.
What you can do:
- Share and watch the 21-22 Sustainable Schools Challenge video presentation (6 mins) introducing the program, new updates, and a walkthrough of the website.
- Sign up now! Each student, staff, and family can sign up to earn a point for their school and receive the monthly newsletter with activities.
- Get the word out - schools have had success encouraging participation through their school newsletters and websites
Updates to the program include:
- Monthly prize winners will be selected through a drawing
- 50 points = 1 drawing entry
- New Mini-Grant program to fund projects up to $400
- Virtual Elementary, Middle, and High added as competing schools
Sustainable Schools Challenge homepage
Stay Connected with These Updates
November - Native American Heritage Month
30th - PTO General Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
December - National Month of Giving
9th - PTO Sponsored Dine-Out Night at Red Robin
15th - Early Release - Dismissal at 2:05 p.m.
16th - Virtual PAMEE Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
22nd - Half-Day - Dismissal at 1:05 p.m.
22nd - Winter Class Parties
23rd through January 4th - No School (Winter Break) - Return on January 5th