LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week - September 15-19
- Sat. Sept. 13 - GASL Scholarship Due. email Joanna Pendleton for details.
- Wed. Sept. 17- Early Release Day
- Thurs. Sept. 18- Celebration of Excellence 4:00 Page HS
- Thurs. Sept. 18-eBook Classroom Connections Training 8:30-12:30 WSA Room 300
- Fri. Sept. 19- eBook Classroom Connections Training 12:30-4:30 WSA Room 301
- Sat. Sept. 20 - Parent Conference at Smith HS from 10-12
Dates to Remember
- Mon. Sept. 22- YA Literature Meeting-YA Awards & Award Winning Books
- Wed. Sept. 24- Middle School Media Specialists PLC 2:00-4:00 WSA Room 300
- Wed. Sept. 24- High School Media Specialist PLC 4:00-6:00 WSA Room 300
- Thurs. Sept. 25- Elementary School Media Specialist PLC 2:00-4:00 Session Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Thurs. Sept. 25- Elementary School Media Specialist PLC 4:00-6:00 Session Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Mon. Sept. 29- eBook Classroom Connections Training 8:30-12:30 WSA Room 301
- Tues. Sept. 30- eBook Classroom Connections Training 12:30-4:30 WSA Room 300
- Tues. Sept. 30- Collection Development Plan Update DUE
Check out the following new links on our LMS Resources webpage.
- How do I login to ISAFE to for CIPA curriculum
- Updated CIPA videos
- Updated Discard Information
- Discovery Education Log In Information
- Evaluation Home Base Login Information
- Follett Contact information
- Gaggle Student & Teacher Log in information
- Office 365 for students (middle & High)
Evaulation Update- IMPORTANT
Ok – Its time to do the REAL planning for Ya’ll Fest – the awesome Charleston, SC young adult book festival happening on Fri. Nov 6 and Sat Nov 7.
Check out the website http://yallfest.org
Look at the schedule as there are lots of things going on
The event is FREE – but there are 3 events that cost $7 each,
- 1. opening keynote with James Dasher and Sarah Zarr
- 2. closing keynote with Sarah Dessen and Ally Condie
- 3. YA Smackdown – with lots of authors generally making fools of themselves for our benefit!
Contact Betsy Crone for more information.
GCS Reads 20 - Make it Count
In October, GCS will announce the first GCS Reads 20 Schools of the Month. To be eligible, your students must read an average of 400 minutes per month (20 minutes a day for 20 days). Winners will receive media coverage and a banner to display at your school. Those 20 minutes count, so make sure to count them!
- Remember to calculate your schools monthly goal (400 x # of students= Monthly Goal)
- Please determine how you will kick this off in the fall and collect minutes at your school next year to make it efficient for you.
- Plan to collect minutes from the summer and submit them when students return in the fall.
- The GCS Reads 20 Flyer can be found on our Resources Page in both English and Spanish.
Thanks again for all of your hard work and effort to promote reading to your students.
Instructional Technology and Innovation Department UPDATE
Please remember to share information about Discovery Ed and the Instructional Technology department trainings with your staff. There are wonderful resources that every grade level and department should be taking advantage of.
- Click here for a full list of the UPDATED classes and more details.
Pam and Sabrina have created blogs to offer you an interface to ask questions and find out information about different forms of technology. Please check them out.
- · Instructional Technology Tips and Tools Blog: http://tinyurl.com/krobvej
- · Integrating Technology in the Classroom Blog: http://tinyurl.com/q772xdr
This month in the Instructional Technology and Innovation Department.
- Sept. 18- TIME 2-4 Click to Register Outlook 2010 for Beginning Users
- Sept. 19- TIME 2-4 Click to Register Word 2010 Basics for Beginning Users
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
CLICK HERE to access their September newsletter.
IMPORTANT INFO about Discovery Ed
It is important to note the web address that is needed to access Discovery Education has changed it is now https://gcsnc.discoveryeducation.com and teachers and students can log in using their GCS log in credentials.
Students should use the following login format:
- Username: student ID
- Password: birthdate(mmddyyyy)
For more information please refer to the email sent yesterday from Rashad Slade. If there are login issues, please contact Pam James by email at email@example.com or by phone at 336-279-4929.
Sign Up Now!
Media Specialist Professional Development opportunities for 2014-2015
- GCS-MS: Updates, Reports & Best Practices (District Meetings) 2014-2015
- GCS-MS: Media Specialist Mentor Mentee 2014-2015
- GCS-MS: Media & Technology Monthly Training ELEMENTARY
- GCS-MS: Media & Technology Monthly Training MIDDLE SCHOOL
- GCS-MS: Media & Technology Monthly Training HIGH SCHOOL
- GCS-MS: eBook Classroom Connections
- GCS-MS: Technology, Teaching, and Learning for the 21st Century Media Specialist WorkDay
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.