Campaign Design Activity
By: Sierra Broadhead and Christina Burdette
What is your Congressperson’s name?
In which political party is your Congressperson?
In what city is your Congressperson’s home office located?
(NOT their Washington D.C. Office)
The Office of U.S. Congressman Kenny Marchant
9901 East Valley Ranch Parkway, Ste. #3035
Irving, Texas 75063
What is the home office ZIP code?
Percentage under 18 (subtract over 18 % from 100)
Percentage over 65
Percentage White (non-Hispanic)
Percentage that own their home (“owner occupied housing”)
Percentage that rent their home (“renter occupied housing”)
Percentage that earned a high school diploma
Percentage that earned a bachelor’s degree
Median household income
Percentage of individuals below the poverty level
Language other than English
Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations
Education, healthcare, and social assistance
Professional and Management
Segment 16 Enterprising Professionals
- Young educated working professionals
- Prefer newer neighborhoods with townshends or apartments
- Median household income is $71,000
- Rely on cellphones and PC's to stay in touch
- For fun they enjoy yoga, playing Frisbee and football, jogging, going to the movies, and attending horse races and basketball games.
- They also travel frequently
Segment 39 Young and Restless
- Young and on the go
- 85% of householders moved in the last 5 years
- Primarily renters
- 60% are single and share households
- Highest labor force/female labor coarse
- median household income is $45,236
- Internet daily used to visit chat rooms, play games, obtain the latest news, and search for employment
- watch movies in the theater and on DVD, attend rock concerts, play pool, go dancing, and exercise weekly at a gym
Segment 02 Suburban Splendor
- Most households are composed of two-income, married-couple families with or without children
- well educated and well employed
- Home improvement and remodeling are a main focus
- Residents travel extensively in the United States and overseas for business and pleasure
- activities are normally physical fitness, reading, visiting museums, or attending the theater
“Republicans will pursue free market policies that are the surest way to boost employment and create job growth and economic prosperity for all.”
Rationale: (why would the people in your district want this to happen?)
The people in our district would want this because the unemployment rate is above 8 percent, the longest period of unemployment since The Great Depression. The plan is to have the tax system simplified, and government spending must be regulated.
“We pledge to strengthen that role and foster small business entrepreneurship.”
Small Businesses are responsible for creating a vast majority of the jobs in America. With such a low unemployment rate, American’s need a stronger support system of small businesses. Small businesses allow for the growth of technology and help the world innovate in a faster way. If we strengthen the small businesses, we are opening up more opportunities for people and growth in our economy.
“Cutting spending is not enough; it must be accompanied by major structural reforms, increased productivity, use of technology, and long-term government downsizing that both reduce debt and deficits and ignite economic growth.”
With cutting government spending and trying to form a new was of handling money, our country could finally work on a way to get a strong economic plan that works for our government. Cutting back on the spending would benefit everyone in the country and not just favor one side. The plan is to shine a light on the hidden parts of the government. For example, like the Federal Reserve making deals with foreign banks.
“Homeownership expands personal liberty, builds communities, and helps Americans create wealth.”
By having Americans pay for their own home, it allows them to live out the “American Dream”. Doing this makes the people work hard for their money. For many people, it means insures people a place to live, raise a family, and have a place to retire. While also creating neighborhoods and communities in which people can grow together. This allows our economy to grow, along with lowering interest rates.